I have a contents page with 20 chapters listed. Chapter numbers are left justified and page numbers are right justified. Very standard. I wish to allign the chapter titles after their numbers evenly, but I'm unsure exactly how to do it. When entering the same number of blank spaces in between the chapter number and the chpater, the chapter titles don't appear to line up properly everywhere. It looks something like this:
1. The County Seat Horodenka—Fierce Competition
2. My Rabbi-Teacher, Schimshale from Milnitz, for Whom
3. Perhaps My First Part
4. Moische, Does One Smash Windows?
5-9 Our Family Grows
10. Our Family Grows Smaller, Our Poverty Greater
11. My Brother Schmiel, with the Rich Imagination,
12. Everyone Fights with the Weapons He Has
It's likely very basic.Thank you.
Don't line things up with spaces!!
Use a paragraph style for the contents and in the Tabs option set the positions and type of tab you need to use. Have the preview box at the bottom left of the pannel clicked to make it easier to set up.
See http://blogs.adobe.com/indesigndocs/2009/09/tabs_and_indents_gallery.html for one of many help sites on the topic