3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2011 2:22 AM by John Hawkinson

InDesign network connection lost.

RSwanenberg

Hello all,

I've got a serious problem with my InDesign. When I edit or create documents in InDesign it randomly says (after 5 - 10 minutes) "The network connecion was lost for the file '...indd' or the file was modified by another process.

Here is a screenshot of the error messageSchermafbeelding 2011-11-28 om 10.39.48.png

After I click on OK, InDesign shut's down. When I reopen InDesign nothing is lost usually, and then after 5 - 10 minutes the same problem.

I've allready tried several thins to solve this problem;

- I tried a wierd connection but that diddnt solve the problem (Usually im working wireless)

- I did make sure that I was the only one wokring with these folders. So nobody els could modify or edit the files.

- Cancel to recover the document after InDesign shuts down also diddnt solve the problem.

- When working home, the same problem occurs

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this frustrating problem?

The mac I work on is a MacBook Pro form mid 2010.

Running os X 10.7.2 (aka lion)

Thank you in advance,

Roel Swanenberg

• 1. Re: InDesign network connection lost.
          John Hawkinson Level 5

Tell us about your networking environment.

• 2. Re: InDesign network connection lost.
            RSwanenberg Level 1

Sorry forgot to mention.

Were working here with a simple domain network ( 10 - 12 users in the domain )

We have one file server, thats were the InDesign documents are saved.

And we got one email sever.

This is mainly a windows network, we got 2 macs connected. (where my macbook is 1 of the 2)

I connect with my macbook to the file server via smb://servername

Never had a problem with that, worked 100% fine for the last year.

And this problem doesnt occur with other files that are stored on the file server (Think of Photoshop documents and Illustrator documents)

Roel

• 3. Re: InDesign network connection lost.
              John Hawkinson Level 5

So you see the problem on the wired network in your office from a Mac InDesign client to a Windows SMB server via SMB.

Try running "ping -s 1400 servername" in a Terminal.app and then hit ^C after you experience this problem and look at the packet statistics. netstat -ss output before and after the problem might also be interesting. Not sure how to get the SMB equivalent of nfsstat -c, which is really what you want.

Problems with the other Mac client?