6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 4:56 PM by Steve Grisetti

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not working on both my Computer

I just bought Adobe Premiere Elements 10 to use with my Sony Handycam HDR-XR160 but it just dont work

I first try to install on my PC: Intel Quad Q6600 with 8 Gig of Ram and a 500 Go WD Black Edition and a GeForce 9800 GT with 1 Gig of Video Memory .... really jerky video editing interface and the play back is really bad a lot of pixellization all over and also really realy jerky

then I tried with My Mac Pro 2008 2XQuad Core Xeon 10 Gig of Ram 2 x 1TB WD Black Edition (Scratch Folder on second HD) and a ATI  Radeon HD 3870 same problem but now the video play back just stop every 5 seconde it s also hard just to drag the video in the time line at the botom of the screen

This is computer I use for My Recording Studio and it's working like a DREAM. I did the same manipulation with other program like IMovie and so on with NO PROBLEM AT ALL .... and the interface was responsive unlike Premiere

I bought your programe thinking I was going for a upgrade from what I was using before and now I can't take it back cause the box is open so please tell me you have a fix or someting cause at the moment ...  i'm really not to impress

Thanks for the help

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not working on both my Computer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select? Matching project settings to your video source is the key to optimal performance. When your settings match your video, you will not see red lines above the clips on your timeline until you add effects to them. Is this the case in your project?

Your camcorder shoots in a number of different formats. However, you should only shoot in 1920x1080 and NOT in 60p or 50p if you plan to edit your video in Premiere Elements. Premiere Elements can only work with AVCHD footage in 50i or 60i.

Also note if you are shooting in stereo or 5.1 audio and ensure your project is properly set up for that audio format.

If you set up your project properly and then use Get Media/From Flip, AVCHD or Hark Disk Camcorder to open the Video Importer and use this tool to move the video from the camcorder to your computer, you should hve very smooth performance on either of your machines.

But, above all, DO NOT SHOOT YOUR VIDEO IN 50P OR 60P if you plan to edit in this program!

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not working on both my Computer
            287926171497 Level 1

Hello Steve

Thanks for a your help

I still have the same problem I did change the recording from 60p to 60i but the video are still jerky , I know i'm probably the one who's got the problems but I just don't see it !!!

This is the setting I have on my Camera:       Image Quality/Size

Image Quality = HD

Frame Rate = 60i

Recording mode = High Quality FH

x.v.Color = On

Connection

TV Type = 16:9

Component = 1080p/480i

HDMI Resolution = Auto

CTRL FOR HDMI = On

From thoes Info can you tell me what's the Best Preset in Premiere or if someone is using premiere with a Sony Handycam HDR-XR160 can you tell me your exact settings for both the Cam and Premiere

Thanks

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not working on both my Computer

Start a new project. On the screen where you name the project, click Settings and select the preset for Full AVCHD 1920x1080. (You don't say if your audio is stereo or 5.1, so you'll want to make sure you select that correctly too.)

Then connect the camcorder to your computer by USB and use Get Media/From Flip AVCHD and Hard Disk Camera to open the Video Importer. Then use the Video Importer to locate the video on your camcorder and download it.

If you've done this all correctly, there will be no red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline.

If this is confusing, check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series. The first couple of episodes show you how to set up a project and get the video.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not working on both my Computer
                287926171497 Level 1

Hello Steve

I'm recording with 5.1 Audio and I have more then One choise at 1920x1080 so I did a little VIDEO that I put on Youtube so so can see what I did

Youcan see on the video thatit keep stoping every 5 to 10  sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PdLfZJpIw

Thanks

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not working on both my Computer
                  hello543456543

Hi,

It seems I am in a similar boat as you.  I also just bought it, and am experiencing jerky responsiveness, especially on the timeline, with artifacts. 

I saw your video.

Here is the link to my original post with my original ID (which seems to not be working now for some reason).  Hopefully, you can get some more insight.  My responsiveness sped up quite a bit with desktop composition disabled in Windows 7 64 bit.  In my post I outline how I disabled it. 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/929759?tstart=0

I have an HDR-CX110 camcorder, and my video playback is smooth with NTSC-AVCHD-HD 1080i30 (as I record in 1440x1080 to keep files sizes small).  It was also smooth with NTSC-Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorders-HD 1080i30(60i), which I had chosen initially, settling for the AVCHD settings ultimately, since the sony is AVCHD.

Hope that helped!

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not working on both my Computer

There is no reason your performance should be this slow. I'm running an dual core iMac with 4 gigs of RAM and AVCHD runs much more smoothly for me!

I dont' know what's going on, but I hope you guys can figure it out. With the power you've got, the progam ought to be able to work with this video effortlessly.

Hello, I'm not sure yours can  be considered the same issue since you're on an AMD Windows 64-bit while the original poster is running a quad-core Mac.