0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2008 2:48 PM by ezskriv

CF, JRun, Servlet request for help

ezskriv
      Is this the right place to ask this? If not, please direct me to where is.

I am trying to hit a custom servlet and having no success whatsoever.

The CF container I'm trying to configure is CF 8 Developer Edition, but that's only on my local dev box. Our application is obviously deployed in a different container (Version 7 I believe).

As far as I can tell, I am having SOME effect by editing wwwroot/WEB-INF/web.xml, because when I map to a garbage string (different from what I call from the client), I get the error WITH the non-existent requested item, but when I call and map to the same thing, the error seems to be outputting the empty string as the location of the item requested.

I request:

http://localhost:8500/myapp/GWT_MODULES/com.example.MyApp/MyService

If the map is set like so...

<servlet>
      <servlet-name>MyService</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>com.example.MyServiceImpl</servlet-class>
      </servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
      <url-pattern>/myapp/GWT_MODULES/com.example.MyApp/MyService</url-pattern>
      </servlet-mapping>

I get the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException
      at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:94)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
      at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
      at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

BUT if I map INCORRECTLY (the request is the same), for example,

<servlet>
      <servlet-class>com.example.MyServiceImpl</servlet-class>
      </servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
      <url-pattern>/myapp/GWT_MODULES/com.example.MyApp/BAD_MAPPING</url-pattern>
      </servlet-mapping>

I get the following error:

/myapp/GWT_MODULES/com.example.MyApp/MyService

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /myapp/GWT_MODULES/com.example.MyApp/MyService
      at jrun.servlet.file.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java:349)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
      at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
      at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

I'm not sure this is much of a clue or not, but again, many thanks in advance for any help any of you can give me on this one. I've been banging my head against the wall for over a week already!