2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 8:25 AM by John T Smith

'serious error' when creating a new project in adobe premiere elements 10

Ashkin87

Hello,

I saw similar questions on the forums but not quite what is happening with me.

First off I should say i've never had this working however the copy of premiere elements 7 we had worked perfectly fine. I am a technician in a school and i'm trying to install the software for the students (we have lots of lisences). The software appears to install perfectly fine and the launcher works. I click to create a new project (or open an old one) premiere appears to load up correctly. It only crashes once I click to browse for a location to save the file.

The error message says, as i've noticed seems to be a generic message for any error on premiere: "Sorry, A serious error has occured that has caused Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project"

At first I thought this was student user rights (as students do not have access to C:\) however I have since tried it with my own admin account which has full rights and effectively should be able to do anything and it still continues to crash.

The stations I am working with are:

Operating System

MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

CPU

Intel Pentium E5200  @ 2.50GHz

Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM

2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard

Intel Corporation DQ43AP (CPU1)

Graphics

PLE2008HDS (1600x900@60Hz)

Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

Hard Drives

156GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD161GJ (SATA)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some insight on this matter

~ Ash