0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 4:48 PM by bcsearle

Tour de Mobile Flex (or any StageWebView) doesnt show HTML response on 1st screen?

bcsearle

I rebuilt the code (Flex-4.5.1 SDK), unchanged, and deployed it to Samsumg Nexus/Galaxy S

When it starts there is a blank screen. background the app and restart and it works.

- I am seeing the identical problem with my own app, also using StageWebView

With my own application i rebuilt it and deployed to Android emulator - IDENTICAL PROBLEM

Additional Note: tombstone (not exit) the application and restart it and the StageWebView shows+updates correctly

Additional Note: use appManager to FORCE-STOP app and then relaunch, back to original load problem

Bad Workaround: if i put a "reload" button into the app which forces a recreation of the HomeView, it displays correctly.

UPDATE: MOSTLY RESOLVED:

I found a different sample that worked.  when i investigated, i noticed it wqas a basic application, no VIEWS

- so i created a diferent project with basic application, moved my homeview there (slight tweaks) and it works.

CONCLUSION:

- putting a StageWebView in a view and loading in a URL on startup files unless you tombstone and restart the application

- but essentially same code in a basic app (no views) works just fine.