3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 1:12 AM by hincauti

TextInput component typing issue!!!

hincauti

Hi there, I'm working on a Flex mobile project and today I'm stucked with an unusual problem with a TextInput component. The text I type using either my laptop keyboard (when launching on desktop) or phone keyboard (when launching on the actual android device) simply doesn't show's up, I've tried everything, inside another mobile project the TextInput compenent works verry well. I've checked the color, alpha and other properties and nothing, the cursor inside the TextInput doesn't move at all while I type. If you have any ideeas what it could be please share. Thank you!

• 1. Re: TextInput component typing issue!!!
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

A problem with embedding fonts?

• 2. Re: TextInput component typing issue!!!
            hincauti Level 1

No, I'm using standart "_sans" font. I found that the TextInput/TextArea does accept text typing inside another application based on a View-Based Application template not in Blank template which I use in the current application. I've also tried to switch the application from full screen mode to standart and the <renderMode> (in the myApp-app.xml file) to "cpu" and no changes. I do have an embed font on a css file but for other components like Label and a inside a List Component with custom ItemRenderer.

• 3. Re: TextInput component typing issue!!!
              hincauti Level 1

One more detail, I've created today two brand new projects based on Basic Teamplate in both full screen and standart modes and both TextInput and TextArea work verry well. So I kinda have no ideea what could be the problem. I do actually have 3 warnings in my custom ItemRenderer for a list component:

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
              CSS type selectors are not supported in components: 'spark.components.Label.AGENCYR_item'ProfileListItemRenderer.mxml/Pulsimeter/src/componentsline 0Flex Problem
              CSS type selectors are not supported in components: 'spark.components.Label.AGENCYR'ProfileListItemRenderer.mxml/Pulsimeter/src/componentsline 0Flex Problem
              CSS type selectors are not supported in components: 'spark.components.LabelItemRenderer'ProfileListItemRenderer.mxml/Pulsimeter/src/componentsline 43Flex Problem

Could those warnings cause the problem for TextInput/TextArea components?