6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 6:52 AM by pebalsamo

Highlighting clips

pebalsamo Level 2

So I am putting together a highschool Football highlight video from all this past seasons games.  As of right now I am putting all of the games in their own sequences and then going through them to find the highlight clips.  As I come across one that I think will make the reel I just drag it from Video 1 up to Video 2 so that it stands out in the timeline.  My question is, is there anyway that I can select all the clips that are in Video 2 and change something on them so that it is visible in the Project Panel?  I thought I would be able to select them all and change their label color but it does not change the label color in the Project Panel.  It just changes the color of the clip in the timeline.  I was wanting to change something visible in the Project Panel so that I can then just sort by that field and have all of my highlight clips in one easy to find place.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

• 1. Re: Highlighting clips
          Colin Brougham Level 6

What about just dragging the clips from the sequence to a new bin? It will create new master clips, which you could easily use to generate a new sequence later.

• 2. Re: Highlighting clips
            pebalsamo Level 2

Awesome Colin!  I did not realize that I could drag them from the timeline back to a bin.  I like the fact that it keeps them in the original timeline too and just creats a new clip for the new bin.

Thanks a ton!  That will help a lot!

Phil

• 3. Re: Highlighting clips
              Colin Brougham Level 6

You're welcome Unfortunately, this procedure only works on one clip at a time (boo), so maybe make a feature request for a multiple clip selection: Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form

• 4. Re: Highlighting clips
                pebalsamo Level 2

Oh dang it...  I had just tried to do one clip after seeing your post and assumed that it would work with mulitple clips selected too.  I will be doing a feature request for that and for allowing the changing of the label color from the timeline and it affecting the scene bin. 

Thanks again.

Phil

• 5. Re: Highlighting clips
                  Colin Brougham Level 6

Well, here's another potential solution for you: open two Timeline panels. Just create a new sequence, tear off the tab, and dock it somewhere where you have two Timelines in view at once; I have a workspace set up where I have two Timelines stacked vertically. This way, I can just drag from one sequence to the other; it's an automatic clip copy, so you don't have to worry about moving the clips. I use this all the time when doing selects.

• 6. Re: Highlighting clips
                    pebalsamo Level 2

I think I like this one better.  That way it will also add to the usage count and give me a sortable vaule in the Project Panel.  Thanks again for the help Colin.  I was thinking that I would just duplicate each sequence and then delete Video 1 so that it would give the sortable value of the clip count, then after sorting drop them all into their own timeline.  You way give MUCH less clutter though, since there is 12 seperate timelines already for all the games.

Thank You for taking time to help!

Phil