• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify the about box in the flash-help

Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
Does anybody know if it is possible to remove the Flash animation from the bottom of the about box in the flash-help?
I managed to work on the upper part of it, however the bottom part is kind of "hidden" in some java script, and I have no idea if one could eventually put some other information in that part, or it is so to say reserved for Adobe.
Bogdan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bogdan,

Someone asked about this recently, but between the two of us (with limited Flash knowledge), we couldn't find how that file is referenced and where it comes from. The about box .fla file has some explanatory text that says that bottom portion is reserved at runtime.

Personally, my choice is Rick Stone's solution--he has an empty .swf available on his site that replaces the "powered by" button so that the whole thing goes away.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,
Thank you again for your input.
I checked the code of that page and it is full of Java script, which I do not quite understand,...yet.
Otherwise, I managed to enter what I wanted, except the lower part.
Where is that empty about box on Peter's site?
Thank you again,
Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually an empty "powered by" SWF, so it's not clickable, and so you never get the about box coming up.

1. Go to this page and download the .zip of the file for RH X5 (it also works for 6 and 7).

2. Unzip the folder and move the file to the place in your source files where your skin's SWFs are located. Rick's "powered by" SWF will overwrite the one that's there.

3. Run and view your output. No more "powered by" button, so no more about box.

If you want author/company information, you could put it in a footer in a topic template and apply it to your topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ben,
The idea is nice, however I was liking the about box, just without that footer, or with one where I want to enter what I want.
I will check further on, to see if I find anything in the java script.
Have a great one,
Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm interested in whatever you find out, so please post back if you get any answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp