0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 11:03 AM by rkopparthi

how to make AdvancedDataGridColumn header to be invisible?

rkopparthi

Hi,

I have a requirement to group a bunch of columns under a common header but don't want to show the headers for the child columns in the group.

The code snippet is below

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid >

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumnGroup headerText="Heatmap Thresholds" width="480" sortable="false"  >

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn editable="false"  dataField="Threshold1" headerText="" sortable="false" />

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn editable="false"  dataField="Threshold2" headerText="" sortable="false" />

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn editable="false"  dataField="Threshold3" headerText="" sortable="false" />

</mx:AdvancedDataGridColumnGroup>

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid >

If I run this code I get three sub headers for Threshold1, Threshold2 and Threshold3 without any text but at the end I still see 3 blank headers which I don't want to show.

So I tried to apply a headerHeight style to each of these childcolumns but it didnt work.

Then I even tried adding an AdvancedDataGridHeaderRenderer and setting the height property to 0, 0%, -1 and all other combinations but the subheaders were still visible.

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn editable="false"  dataField="Threshold1" headerText="" sortable="false">

<mx:headerRenderer>

<fx:Component>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridHeaderRenderer  height="0%"/>

</fx:Component>

</mx:headerRenderer>

</mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn >

Can someone advise how to hide the headers for the child columns in ColumnGroup mentioned above?

Thanks

Ravisekhar Kopparthi