0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 1:05 AM by Niall O'Donovan

PDF Component

Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

I have a component that is intended appear in one state and display various PDFs. I have it working when it is called the first time, however when it is called subsequently it does not load the PDF.

I have been using the Tour de Flex approach of using a mx:HTML to show the PDF, but changed to adding elements to a spark container:

private var pdfHTMLLoader:HTMLLoader = new HTMLLoader();

private var pdfUIC:UIComponent;

private function loadPDF():void {

// Check to see if Adobe Reader 8.1 or higher is installed

// Possible values:

//         HTMLPDFCapability.STATUS_OK

//         HHTMLPDFCapability.ERROR_INSTALLED_READER_NOT_FOUND

//         HTMLPDFCapability.ERROR_INSTALLED_READER_TOO_OLD

//         HTMLPDFCapability.ERROR_PREFERRED_READER_TOO_OLD

if(HTMLLoader.pdfCapability == HTMLPDFCapability.STATUS_OK) 

{

// Use FlexGlobals variable for PDF name

var pdfRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.currentPDF);

pdfHTMLLoader = new HTMLLoader();

pdfHTMLLoader.width = pdfWin.width;

pdfHTMLLoader.height = pdfWin.height;

pdfHTMLLoader.load(pdfRequest);

pdfUIC = new UIComponent();

pdfUIC.addChild(pdfHTMLLoader);

pdfUIC.name = "PDFView";

pdfWin.addElement(pdfUIC); // Add the element to the pdfWin spark container

} else {

Alert.show("PDF cannot be displayed. Error code:" + HTMLLoader.pdfCapability);

}

}

// Called if window is resized

private function reloadPDF():void {

pdfHTMLLoader.width = pdfWin.width;

pdfHTMLLoader.height = pdfWin.height;

pdfHTMLLoader.reload();

}

protected function backButton_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

pdfWin.removeAllElements();

flash.system.System.gc();

var eventObject:Event = new Event("hidePDF");

dispatchEvent(eventObject);

}

I think that the problem may be in either removing the elements or in how I am adding the HTMLLoader to the UI Component and then adding the element to the spark container.

adl1.png

adl2.png

Thanks,

Niall