Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'AIR App' failed to install via iTune sync with Flash Builder 4.6

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After download and setup fresh installation of Flash Builder 4.6, I start to create a simple Mobile project and run it as Fast build configuration.

I got a IPA file, so I added it to iTune, plugged my iPad, and sync the app.

Surprisingly, after synchronization completed, iPad shows a pop up: 'App Name' failed to install. This also happen with iPod touch too.

IMG-20111201-00244.jpg

I use:

• Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2
  • latest XCode version.
  • iOS certification and provision file that can be used in prerelease version of 4.6 and 4.5.1

I have to tell you that I don't do anything special in my project, just a button, photo, and a list.

Could you help me solve this? it might be a bug or may happen to the other.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Just solved it.

I found the way to solve this is to create new certificate file and mobile provision from iOS Developer portal and re-install them in iTune application.

I don't sure about the origin of problem, but I suspect the update of XCode and iTune. I updated them between using FB 4.6 pre-release version and full version.

FYI, I found all my AIR app which built with 4.6 pre-release fail to install in iOS device via XCode too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to get more relevant error messages, try to install the app using your desktop iTunes and then sync via USB cable to see what the iTunes desktop app error messages are.  Usually they will point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iTune doesn't show any error message after the synchronization was completed. Everything works like there is no problem. It looks like the problem is in the IPA package because the app was transferred to the device but the device doesn't accept it.

or do I need another way to find error message in iTune app?

I already uninstall both Flash Builder 4.6 and AIR for IOS with uninstaller in 'Application/Utilities/', then reinstall again, the problem still exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just solved it.

I found the way to solve this is to create new certificate file and mobile provision from iOS Developer portal and re-install them in iTune application.

I don't sure about the origin of problem, but I suspect the update of XCode and iTune. I updated them between using FB 4.6 pre-release version and full version.

FYI, I found all my AIR app which built with 4.6 pre-release fail to install in iOS device via XCode too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly you need a new provision for each version of the application you intend on releasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, markerline.

The point is, with same provision, I could not release same mobile project to iOS application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for the info about creating new certs. It's fixed the issue I was also having trying to debug on an iPad. Insanely annoying having an app just refuse to deploy with NO message, NO error, NO reason.

Hurray for iOS.

Creating apps for Android devices is so much more straightforward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in xcode you can check the organizer window under the window menu, when u are installing the app it show debug messages under your device -> console option, there it say it has signature problems, hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried your suggestion for recreating the cert and profile, but I'm still encountering the same error. No useful information, just a "failed to install" alert. Anyone else having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem working with Flash 5.5 building an iPhone app.

Even though I was saving the ipa file with the same name, to use the same certificate, provisioning etc.
I was saving it from newer versions of my fla file, filenameV3.fla, etc.

When saved over my original fla file, filename.fla and published it from there it installed on the iPhone without the error.

Don't know if this applies to your Flash Builder project.

I also don't know if this is perminant fix or I just got lucky this time.

Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

app.xml if you mension the package id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends!,

I type from Brazil, I need help.

Recreate new Certificate and Mobile Provision, but the Itunes show me error "failed to install"

Thank's.

contact skype marciofermino,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!! only create new certificate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines