2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 2:41 AM by Peter Spier

PDF-related questions

sssuuusssaaannn Level 1

Hi,

I posted these questions in the Acrobat forum weeks ago, but I've received no answers. These questions are indirectly related to Indesign as I only export from there to Acrobat, and since it's obvious that I have a better chance of getting answers in this forum, I'm reposting here.  I have Acrobat Pro 9 Pro build 9.4.6, InDesign CS4 V6.0.6, and Windows XP with sp3.

1.  How can I control what I select with the Touch-up Object Tool in Acrobat for the purpose of copying, moving and deleting?   When I drag the tool over my selection, it selects (i.e., puts a light blue box around)what it wants to most of the time, i.e. my selection plus a few lines above and/or below, no matter how careful I am.  Sometimes it selects the entire page, and none of my pages are from scans.  However sometimes, the tool works perfectly! 

• 1. Re: PDF-related questions
          Michael Gianino Level 4

What about shift-clicking on the objects that are selected that you want to deselect?

• 2. Re: PDF-related questions
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I hate to say this, but I often see the same thing, and I've never been able to figure out exactly what triggers selectability vs. non-selectability, but I suspect some of it has to do with tranparency flattening in particular, and possibly text wrap in cases where that comes into play. ID optimizes the PDF it creates, I think, and that might cause text, or even images, to be broken into chunks in funny ways. It occurs to me that turning off optimzing for fast web view might help in this regard.