13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 12:19 AM by AdityaVikram

Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7

artchicago90

I have a mid 2011 imac. I installed PhotoshopE10 with no problem, but now when I want to install PremiereE10 (i put the correct disk in) it wont install i get to 51% and then it abruptly terminates, tried installing in safe mode still get the same exact error. I even updated everything on my computer (adobe products and osx system) but still get the same error. this is the error i receive:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 8 error(s), 7 warning(s)

WARNING: DW031: Payload:{3F023875-4A52-4605-9DB6-A88D4A813E8D} Camera Profiles Installer 6.0.0.0 has been updated and has been selected for repair. The patch {FEA75AFB-4905-43BB-B1D5-5B44D681BFE7} Camera Profiles Installer_6.4_AdobeCameraRawProfile6.0All 6.4.0.0 will be uninstalled now.

WARNING: DW031: Payload:{3F023875-4A52-4605-9DB6-A88D4A813E8D} Camera Profiles Installer 6.0.0.0 has been updated and has been selected for repair. The patch {FEA75AFB-4905-43BB-B1D5-5B44D681BFE7} Camera Profiles Installer_6.4_AdobeCameraRawProfile6.0All 6.4.0.0 will be uninstalled now.

----------- Payload: {68FE2517-2E45-4B03-8241-D0634F43878B} Smartsound1 1.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DW006: Apple Package failed to install successfully.

WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Smartsound3: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Photoshop Camera Raw for Elements 10: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Smartsound1: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Premiere Elements 10: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Premiere Elements 10_LangPacken_US: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Smartsound2: Install failed

What does it mean and what can I do!?

If this is a repost please direct me to a solution that may work

Thank you all.

• 1. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you contacted Adobe Tech Support?

• 2. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
            artchicago90 Level 1

Couldnt yet, Im a student and their tech support is not open when I get out of classes. If I wait to contact tech support it wont be untill next weekend I can call. I was hoping someone here might of had the same problem and could give some support. that would help much faster then depending on tech support!

thanks for the reply!

• 3. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
              the_wine_snob Level 9

One of the biggest problems with installation issues is that most of us never encounter them - things just install correctly, most often. What we mere users pick up, is from reading of others' installation issues, and what has worked for them.

Add to that, the fact that PrE has recently been ported for the Mac, so that can add a "degree of difficulty." Now, Steve is X-platform, so is in a unique position to offer comments on both platforms. Still, it's very likely that his Mac installations have gone smoothly.

We ARE blessed in that there is some Adobe presence here. One Adobe employee, Install Guru, drops by from time to time, and has offered some very useful tips on installation issues. Do not know if he/she is also X-platform, but they have helped many.

Here is a very general Adobe installation ARTICLE, though was mostly written with PC's in mind, so some things probably will not apply to your Mac, and especially with the newer Lion OS.

Just on the off-chance that something might be helpful, here is a Mac-specific ARTICLE, but focuses more on some problems AFTER a complete install. Still, might be a useful tip, or two? Also, the link in that article was from the PrPro forum - another reason that it might not be useful for you.

Wish that I had more to offer, as I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you. However, the last installation issue that I had with any Adobe program was an update to Illustrator, at about version 3, which was about 15 years ago, and Adobe Customer Support had things fixed, for me, in about 5 mins. I hope that Install Guru does drop by, and will have some useful tips for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                argon3

I'm having the exact same problem...to the letter.

My Premiere Elements is from the combo pack with Photoshop Elements which loaded smoothly...Premiere Elements hangs up and give that same message. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail...

argon

• 5. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                  douguerreotype

i am also having the same issue. Just re-downloaded the installer and still won't install.

• 7. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Dave,

Thanks for that KB Article. Hope that it provides the necessary solutions. I especially appreciate the info, being a PC-only guy, so I can learn things to help Mac-users.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                      David__B Adobe Employee

Sure thing

My thanks to you and Steve for always being here and helping others out. You guys are great!

-Dave

• 10. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.,

Thanks for that link. It is new to me, and hopefully will be helpful to folk, having installation problems. I will add that to my "General Installation Issues" article.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                          Karan S. Level 1

The installation issue is not the major deal here, because it can be resolved easily by applying any of the steps given in the kb, but iff you recall, the log also contains the following error :

ERROR: DW050: - Adobe Premiere Elements 10_LangPackde_US: Install failed

ERROR: DW050: - Adobe Premiere Elements 10: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

Even after installing the software succesfully, you may be able to launch the editor succesfully, but try launching Elements Organizer, and then you will see why I have specifically mentioned the language errors above.

I have applied many troubleshooting steps, like launching from the root account, or clean installation, but not to avail.

So, its like, the installation failure leads to a new issue, failure to install language packs.

The confusing thing here is, that the language pack installation failure only affects The Elements Organizer, but the Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements remain unaffected.

This is the scenario.

You launch Organizer for the first time, you get a small dialog box where you get to select the country, but as soon as you click on the drop down button, you notice that the countries are listed there, but there is nothing written, invisible names given for the countries, and finally, you select any random option, and you proceed further, and when you are in the main program, you notice that you dont have a single word in there. One image has been automatically added to the Catalogue, but not a word, you dont even see File in the top left hand corner of your screen, but still you know that the option is there.

Please do the needful.

Thanks,

Karan

• 12. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                            nealeh Level 5

In the PC world the first suggestion for a problem as you describe would be to update the graphics drivers and ensure you have the latest QuickTime installed. Is there a Mac equivalent of a graphics driver (I'm assuming, it being Apple, that the QuickTime is up to date).

Cheers,
                            --
                            Neale
                            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 13. Re: Install osx Lion PremiereE10 Error 7
                              AdityaVikram Employee Moderator

Hi Karan,

You query can be answered in 2 parts.

1) Error in the installation log - This should appear before applying the fix. After applying the fix(using dmg) or changing the system date, this log should not come. In case it still does, please let us know.

2) EO Issue -  This issue is unrelated to the installation problem(including Language pack failures) and its fix. Restarting the machine should this issue. Please let us know if it still persists.  As per our observation, It appears only on a small fraction of machines.

Just to reiterate these 2 issues are separate and installer fix has nothing to do with the EO issue. For the EO just try restarting your machine and things should work fine.

Thanks,

Aditya