8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 8:56 AM by alexdejesus

H.264 Export Too Damn Slow

alexdejesus Level 1

I have a fast computer, but 3 minute HDV video is taking about 30-40 minutes to export from Premiere and AME 5.5. We need a solution guys. This will put me out of business

• 1. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have a fast truck... compared to a wheelbarrow

Saying fast is not the same thing as providing details

Also, compare your computer to CS5 Benchmark http://ppbm5.com/

• 2. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
            JAKE JONSON Level 1

We definitely need more info...  Was your puter doing fine before some point in time after which it suddently became slow?  If so, how fast was it (although its obvious that a 3 min HDV video shouldn't take 30 minutes to export in H264).  Some hardware details would be nice too, please.

• 3. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
              alexdejesus Level 1

Pardon the brevity of my post. Just a bit of frustration I'm trying to express. Too bad there isn't a way to include my system setup into my profile so that it shows up on every post. It's a shame to have to preface every problem or question with a detailed description of my setup.

Anyway, I have a PC with the Sandy Valley I7 motherboard/processor combination in stock (not OC) configuraation. With 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 570 Video card, SSD system drive, 2-drive SATA RAID for captured media, another 2-drive RAID 0 for previews, pagefile. other external drives for exports. I have a Matrox MX02 Mini, but performance is simillar with or without it except for the effects rendering 

The project I was referring to involves 3rd party effects such as Digital Anarchy Beauty Box and the Magic Bullet Suite. I am assuming that there lies my problem. It is the rendering time. My Matrox box does not have the h.264 accelerator.

When I have some time I will do the benchmark and post results

• 4. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
                Jim Curtis Level 3

Beauty Box takes a VERY long time to render, even with a fast/multi GPU.

• 5. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

It's a shame to have to preface every problem or question with a detailed description of my setup.

That depends on the problem.  In this case, the data is relevant.  It won't be for every question.

The only thing you really need to include with any problem is whether or not you have any third-party hardware/software installed. (Matrox, AJA, BlackMagic).

• 6. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

the Magic Bullet Suite.

That'll add a good amount of time to your exports.

• 7. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
                      jthebes Level 1

Aside from your computer hardware...your export settings might be helpful too.  If you are using 'render maximum depth' and 'use maximum render quality' along with a 2pass VBR....you should expect nasty render times.  Try exporting small pieces with those settings enabled/disabled to see if you even need them on (of course if they are in fact on). 

• 8. Re: H.264 Export Too Damn Slow
                        alexdejesus Level 1

Oh, yes, absolutely 'max render quality' and 2-pass

I have not attempted to overclock my CPU. I want to ensure that my machine is stable and working as expected. I will do a benchmark soon. he I will need further instructions. the ASUS board has a Windows based overclocker and some clocking presets. I tried it once, and had all kinds of problems.