0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 10:15 AM by GoaliGrlTilDeath

Video in interactive PDF is causing next page to crash

GoaliGrlTilDeath

I am in the process of putting together a 5-page interactive PDF for a fundraiser. Page 2 contains an MP4 video embedded (not set to play on page load), then pages 3-5 contain some simple buttons that show and hide some graphs and images.

The problem I am running into is that if a user plays the video on page 2, as soon as they go to page 3 Adobe Reader freezes and needs to be force-quit. All of the bottons on Page 3 will blink/flash until you force-quit the program. Nothing is clickable and you can't select text.

I have tested in Reader X on three different PC machines. On the Mac side I have tested in Acrobat Pro but not Reader (for some reason I haven't been able to get Reader X to install... another problem for another day). It works fine in Acrobat Pro (not helpful at all for our target audience!).

What is causing the PDF to crash when the video is played? When it is not played everything runs fine, it's just that one step that's breaking everything.

I'm using InDesign CS5.5 on Mac OS X 10.7.2, both InDesign and the OS up to date as of yesterday morning.