7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2011 3:30 PM by nealeh

Your opinion about PrE10

Koscieliska Level 1

I am interested in opinions of people using PrE10. To me it is absolutely hopeles software which has to many malfunctions to mention. I began three years ago with PrE8. It was working perfectly. Then I switched to PrE9. It was working less perfectly so I came back to PrE8 again. Now I have PrE10 and it is absolutely hopeless. Yes, I have a very powerful computer, right settings and all what is necessary. It is just a program which has to many faults to work with. Why ADOBE is going backwards? I am c ertainly not looking to PrE11!

• 1. Re: Your opinion about PrE10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like you're more interested in giving that hearing opinions, Kos.

Why not move on to software that does what you need with the video source you're working with? Chances are there's something out that that fits your workflow.

No point in just beating a dead horse, is there?

• 2. Re: Your opinion about PrE10
            Guy Lapierre Level 1

What are your problems, exactly?

• 3. Re: Your opinion about PrE10
              nealeh Level 5

I can see your frustration with PRE9 and PRE10 from your earlier posts. You are too late to return your PRE9 but if you purchased PRE10 less than 30 days ago I suggest you return it for a full refund and reinstall PRE8 as that seems to meet your requirements.

If there are PRE10 features you are keen to have but it's not working well for you go through PrE Hanging, or Crashing - Some Tips and let us have more detail (Got a Problem? How to Get Started) and we'll try and help you out.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Your opinion about PrE10
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Koscieliska also has a habit of throwing down problems on this forum and then never following up on the solutions posted to report what he's tried and what works -- so it's hard to tell if any of our solutions worked for him.

But I guess many people prefer complaining to actually finding solutions.

I hope that he/she finds some software that offers the solution he/she needs. Or finds someone to tune his/her computer properly.

• 5. Re: Your opinion about PrE10
                  Nash_John Level 3

Koscieliska

You need to come up with what your exact problems and your machine specifications, so that people around here may try to help you.

You also need to follow up your posts and answer the questions asked by people in reply to your mails.

Many people have solved great problems here on this forum, when even they did not know where exactly the problem was.

PrE has worked wonderfully for many people including me, i agree there are some faults, but the feature set at 99$ is pretty impressive.

• 6. Re: Your opinion about PrE10
                    Koscieliska Level 1

My apology to everyone. Last Sunday I removed from my computer PrE8 and PrE9 and re-loaded PrE10. I am testing it now but it seems to be working OK. Will report if there will be any trouble. Could there be any interference between PrE 8, 9, 10 if loaded together into a computer?

Parameters of my computer: processor 3.22Gb, RAM12Gb.

My camera: SONY HDR-XR 200.

• 7. Re: Your opinion about PrE10
                      nealeh Level 5

Each version is independent from the other. So all three can be installed without affecting the others - except that only one can be associated with .prel files.

Note though that:

• It is not recommended to open project files created in one release in another. e.g. if you have a PRE8 project, then finish it with PRE8. If you open it in PRE9 or PRE10 it may or may not work and, once you save it from PRE10, PRE8 or PRE9 will not be able to open it.
                      • Each version will maintain its own Organiser Catalog.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children