4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2011 3:04 AM by daniel.benjamins RSS

Text hyperlink

daniel.benjamins Community Member

Is it possible to create a text-hyperlink which points to a pop-up which contains an HTML file?

• 1. Re: Text hyperlink
          mobly Community Member

not sure what you want to achieve, but it sounds like you could do the whole interactive element in HTML with Edge or Hype.

I you explain the whole user experience I might be able to help more

Alistair

• 2. Re: Text hyperlink

I'd like to create hyperlinks on  specific words which give an explanation (popup) when you click them, like a legenda.

Some commercial websites use this method with advertisements, but I can't find one at the moment. Hope I made myself more clear

• 3. Re: Text hyperlink
              Bart Van de Wiele MeganK

This isn't too hard.

Just select the text that acts like a hyperlink, open up the hyperlinks panel (window -> interactive -> hyperlinks) and click the "create new hyperlink" button.

Aaaaaaand you're done !

When you test this, you'll automatically have a pop-up to that specified website.

Good luck

• 4. Re: Text hyperlink

Thanks for your answer, but this isn't what I'm looking for. I don't want to point the hyperlink to a website, but to a pop-up which contains a local HTML-file (which contains an image and eventually some text), like a text-balloon.