0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 7:15 AM by Christo.Smal.Fatman

How do I install the Model Editor in FlashBuilder 4.6?

Christo.Smal.Fatman

Good day

Hope that somebody can help me? I also hope that this is the right place to place my question since the pre-release formums are dead now.

We want to build data centric forms by using LCDS and the Model Editor. However, all my attempts to install the model editor have failed thus far. Could somebody please just enlighten me with some documentation, instructions or a link as to how to install this? Here's the steps I've taken:

Install FB 4.6

I was unable to run 'Check for Updates' or 'Install new software', so I

performed the following steps:

backup /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder

4.6/eclipse/configuration/config.ini

In /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/eclipse/configuration/config.ini

comment the following three lines:

eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2/

osgi.configuration.area=@user.home/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/cascaded/308971/configuration

osgi.configuration.cascaded=true

Then launched FB. Went to 'Check for updates'. Got 2 updates. Installed

them. Then went to 'Install new software', selected the top 4 ADEP

thingys. Went to next page with some installation and dependency errors,

unticked everything to just have Model Editor selected. Click next.

Selected the 'Accept licence agreement' radio button. Both the next and

finish buttons are disabled. Cannot continue.

So then I restored my config.ini file, downloaded the Application Modeling plug-in from https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=lc%5Fapp%5Fmodel&pid=4172469, extracted it and dumped its contents in /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/plugins. Restarted FB. Didn't work. Then I attempted to copy the contents from the plugins folder of the download to the /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/eclipse/plugins and features to /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/features. Still no luck.

So what now? We really need to get this going. Any advise / suggestions / documentation / links would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Christo