3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2011 7:18 AM by the_wine_snob

start up problems photo elements 10

gerryhill2

go to organise 1 application message cant read font [OX103ed4b3] could not be read followed by elements 10 has encountered a problem and needs to close  I'm not clever at my age and any soltions made simple would be appreciated. HELP

• 1. Re: start up problems photo elements 10
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Gerry,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you referring to the Organizer in Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements, or do you have the bundle with both programs?

If Photoshop Elements, then THIS is the forum that you need.

Can you also list the complete text of the error message? Mention of a font is odd, as the GUI (Graphical User Interface) for Adobe programs will use a system font, and if, upon launch, there is a font error message, it would tend to indicate that you have a corrupt system font installed. That is why I am asking for the full text of the error message. That second text string indicates a memory address, which should not be a direct issue with a corrupt font - hence my confusion.

Also, what Operating System (OS) are you using?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: start up problems photo elements 10
            Steven Laden

Bill,

I am having the same problem, just updated to PSE10 bundled with Premiere.i am using Windows XP

On computer start up i receive this error messege "The instuction at "ox103ED4B3 reference at 0x00000a74" the memory could not be read". click X to terminate program. the message is titled Font Capture Photoshop server. Elements seems to work fine but when i go to start premeire i get the the begining graphics but then it shuts down. Any help would be appreciated!

• 3. Re: start up problems photo elements 10
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I would definitely post to the Photoshop Elements Forum, as the folk there might recognize the exact error message, and know the fix.

A memory address error is often cause by some program, or process, that loads at bootup, this is either mis-reporting the exact memory used, or is telling the OS that it has released certain memory addresses, when it has not. This ARTICLE might be helpful in paring down the programs, and processes, that load.

Good luck,

Hunt