Exit

A Runtime Error occured when viewing topics

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got the following message when I'm trying to view one topic with hyperlink :

"A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?

Line 2393
Error : Access is denied"

When I click No, the entire topic displayed but the hyperlink didn't work.

When I try to test the same topic in the CHM, the hyperlink work well.

I'm using a lot Ctrl+W to made QA on my conditional topic and I will like to solve this problem.

Can someone may help me?

Thanks!

TW_MaryseC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2006 Jul 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting a runtime error when I compile the project. The window opens and the left pane books are visible but when I click on them to see the contents in the right pane I get the text that I am using a trial version. and then the run time error. Can't I view how the project is going to look? --------------------------
A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 29
Error: Object expected
---------------------------
Yes No
---------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a complete version of X5. I don't have any problen when I'm clicking on the topic from the CHM compiled help project. The chmp work well.

TW_marysec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TW_MaryseC

It sounds like your topic has some javascript in it, is that the case?

If you are not sure, try this. Create a new topic with the same filename except add _new. Keep cutting and pasting bits of the content from the problem file and previewing it in the same way you are now until the error occurs. Then you will know what to look at and be able to resolve it or post back.

You say "I'm using a lot Ctrl+W to made QA on my conditional topic..." Ctrl+W is simply a means of previewing a topic. I think what you are saying here is that you then select a condition to test the topic is working. But you get the problem before you select any condition in the preview so I am not sure what you are saying here. Please clarify.

Avalynn

Whilst you are getting a runtime error it is a different one so it would have been better to create a new post rather than hijack this one. It's difficult to answer two people's problems in one thread.

It sounds like you have a javascript function in the body of your topic but you do not have anything in the head section to say where the javascript file is located. Could that be the case?

The trial version should allow you to see your topics although there is a limit to the number. How many topics do you have?

Also are you generating the CHM file to your hard disk?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for your answer.

You are right, these topics have javascript.

I have this problem with at least 2 topics. The problem occured at the first text line (not the heading) of each topic. The first line of these topics have hyperlink text. If I removed the hyperlink, the problem is fixed.

These topics are similar :
- The first line of each topic have hyperlink text that link to another topic. Hyperlink is at the end of the sentence
- These topics were created with X3 (I'm using an updated X5 version since 2 months)
- These topics are in a project where I'm pasted text from htm files saved with Word. (translator not using X5)
- These topics have conditional text but not at the first line.

I have the problem when I'm trying to preview a topic (with Ctrl+W) even I select a condition or not.

Also, I got this message when I opened the project with X5 :

The file "elpdhtm.js", used in "filename.htm", is outside of the current project and will not be shown in Project Manager.

I have checked: the file ehlpdhtm.js is in the Baggage Files folder.

TW_MaryseC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being new to the forum you may not know the name RoboWizard but he is, I believe, the longest serving supporter of this forum and has posted more than anyone else ever will. Right now I can see him sitting on his porch rocking with laughter now that you have mentioned your content comes from Word. Do you also put diesel fuel into petrol engined cars would be my question? The resultant problems are on a par.

A lot of people knock the quality of the html that RoboHelp produces but it ain't got nothing on what Word does.

You have almost certainly imported some rubbish so look carefully at the html. If you cannot see the cause, import one of these topics into a new project and test that it causes the same problem there. Assuming it does, zip that project and send it to me. Just click my username.

UPDATE: When you say you are copying and pasting, I am assuming you mean you are copying and pasting the html from Word rather than the text as if it is the latter, it only pastes the text. no html. Anyway, send the test project if not resolved.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While RH and Word are like oil and water to many of us, some intrepid souls do mix them successfully. Since this .chm works, I would suggest that the preview problems may be due to the mixing of RoboHelp X3 and X5, perhaps antagonized by Word. Since my version, which has adequate but sometimes odd previews, RH has continually jumped through a lot of KADOV tags to get a more accurate preview pane.

BTW, this was probably just a typo but you report

The file "elpdhtm.js", used in "filename.htm", is outside of the current project and will not be shown in Project Manager.
I have checked: the file ehlpdhtm.js is in the Baggage Files folder.

with an erroneous file name for the javascript file.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true that I'm new on the forum, but I'm using Robohelp from many years and I like to work with it (at my work, it is me that debugging other tw). I know also that you are a guru 80) This is why , I appreciate very well your answers.

I know also that pasted text from Word is not the best thing to do. I copy plain text from htm file saved with Word and I pasted it in Robohelp. After that, I add hyperlinks and conditional tags. This problem will be corrected in few weeks : the translator has now X5 on her computer. Yes!!

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them.

TW_MaryseC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If it is just plain text then Word will not be the cause. However it is difficult to suggest anything specific without seeing the topic. I'll leave it with you but do feel free to email it if unresolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

It is a typo error. The message I got is :

The file "ehlpdhtm.js", used in "filename.htm", is outside of the current project and will not be shown in Project Manager.

But...

On my hard disk, the file name is : eHlpDhtm.js

Can I rename the file for ehlpdhtm.js?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp