1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 11:36 AM by KevinC39

STRANGE problem with sound in SWF files...Please help if you know how...

KevinC39 Level 1

Hello,

Okay, so, I recently learned how to use Adobe InDesign to create a book.  there is a lot a still don't know.  When I export my document as a SWF file, it works great and has sound and animations where it should.  However, if I move that SWF to a new location, such as my desktop or uploading it to an e-mail, it looses all the sound information.  To add sound to each page, I added a hidden object to each page that was the sound file so that I could attach it to a button.  It seems that it is loosing that sound file if I move it to a new location.  Any ideas or solutions?

• 1. Re: STRANGE problem with sound in SWF files...Please help if you know how...
          KevinC39 Level 1

UPDATE:  I have learned that my problem is related to a "resourse folder" which must go wherever the file goes in order for it to have sound.  This is a bit inconvinient for me, as my client is computer illiterate.  I really want to find a way to just embed the sound into a file that you can just open and play.  To the best of my knowlege, SWF format is the only format that allows for the page turning animation.  Does anyone know a way to embed the sound into the SWF file or am I SOL here?