7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2011 6:06 AM by Steve Grisetti

tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem

exeter2632

have a hdv 1080i video and when viewing in adobe 10 organizer (just over 1GB) audio & video is aligned and have run auto analyser and drop down of scenes in video all ok. When I go to edit this video in elements 10 the audio is not aligned to video (out by a few seconds after the first scene for rest of video). It is a mpeg file.  Runs fine straight from drive in WIndows as well, just seems to have issue in elements. Advice welcome on getting audio to stay aliigned. cheers.

• 1. Re: tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you sure it's an HDV and not an AVCHD, MP4 or other video format? HDV is from a tape-based camcorder.

What model of camcorder is this video from and how did you get it into your computer?

When you started your PRemiere Elements project, which settings did you select?

• 2. Re: tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As Steve mentions, there should not be any OOS (Out Of Sync) issues, if the Project Preset matches the Source Footage 100%.

Fixing OOS at the Import stage (with proper Preset) is best, but for other times, this ARTICLE might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem
              2632Exeter

Thanks Bill & Steve for quick reply last week. I have had to re-set a new account as kept getting redirected under old log in, so bit delayed in responding.

Anyhow, to answer Steve's query I hired a Sony HVRZ1P HDV Camcorder and preset the firewire download to PAL HDV 1080: 25 (so did I pick the right one ?) and the video/audio is aligned in Organizer but out of sync in PE10 once I transfer it across.  Bill - used your article link and have managed to sync a close as possible audio to video in PE10, so many thanks.  Have also read numerous posts and comments from you both & others that have been very useful to a beginner to editing and PE.

I still have red lines marking the clips I've loaded into PE10 and also some of them are blurred in view (but clear once paused), so I'm guessing I still have issues before exporting finished clip.  As camcorder was hired I only now have the mini DV tapes, so bit stuck in downloading again, so trying to fix video best I can in PS10. Tips welcome.

• 4. Re: tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

For Adobe Forums log-in issues, please post to the Forums Comment forum, and Adobe-Admin (John C) will likely be able to help you sort out any log-in issues. He's usually pretty quick, but it's now Friday afternoon, so give him until late on Monday. Be sure to list your accounts, but do not include your PW - just the account names.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] I see that he's around this afternoon - 2:30PM PST.

• 5. Re: tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem

If you are seeing red lines above the clips when you first add them to your timeline, your project specs do not match your source video.

That camcorder shoots in a number of formats and frame rates. Are you sure your videographer didn't shoot in 24f or 30f rather than 50i? The camcorder can also be set to shoot in 60i.

It also shoots in DVCAM in addition to HDV. Are you sure your video was not shot in DVCAM, a professional format not supported by Premiere Elements?

You can try opening the video in a program like G Spot and see what it tells you about the codec, frame rate and media format. You will need to match your source and your project settings if you want to create a quality product without a lot of system lug and video and audio compatibility problems.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

• 6. Re: tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem
                    2632Exeter Level 1

Thanks Steve for your feedback.  The hire shop did download through Final Cut Pro from the mini DV tapes onto a Mac for me, & luckily PE10 can apply WAV files.  The WAV files show 1440 x 1080, 48000HZ 16bit, 25 frames, 4:3 ratio HDV3 codec FCP, and these files all work fine in PE10 (no red line etc). Only problem was a lot of scenes got cut off at front & end of scenes or missed scene completely from this Mac download, so I went in & did another download onto my laptop using PAL HDV 1080:25 preset in PE10. Thought based on WAV file info I had the right setting, but looks unlikely (but not sure now which other one would work), as all full scenes downloaded this time but this is where I've had the audio out of sync with video and also scenes look more blurry.  So I now plan chasing a local production company tomorrow to see if they can do HDV download off DV tapes for me onto DVD & see if it finally works.

Also one other query if it's ok, what's the best approach in using both DV and HDV files in the same project?  If I manage to get these HDV files working properly, I also have some DV scenes I'd like to use in same project, but they are in 720 x 576, 25 frame DV 16:9 format.

cheers,
                    Dave

• 7. Re: tsfr video organizer to elements 10 audio problem

I strongly recommend against combining HDV and DV in the same project. It often leads to issues.

The best solution is to output all of your HDV footage as DV-AVIs (Share/Computer/AVI with the DV preset) and then combine it with your DV footage in a project set up for DV.

Yes, this means your final product won't be hi-def. But they would only partially be anyway, since DV is one of your source formats.