7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2011 12:04 PM by davidbeisner2010

Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge

peterquixotefilms Level 1

I can take  photos from camera to Computer Windows storage.

Then I transfer to Adobe bridge to effect dramatic changes .

I do this in raw.

Photoshop is too laborious and antiquated to process images in a group fashuion.

Now, I want to import these Bridge photos into Adobe Premiere.

Is it poossible to import photos from Adobe Bridge into Adobe premiere.

I can not.

And why not.

What is the value of an intefrated series of ptrograms if they are not integrated.

The photos are imported from Windows as original.

And what is the use of Bridge if changes to photo are not exported to common file Windows files.

• 1. Re: Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge

corrected.

I can take  photos from camera to Computer Windows storage.

Then I transfer photos to Adobe bridge to effect dramatic changes .

I do this in Raw.

Photoshop is too laborious and antiquated to process images in a group fashion.

In other programs to can just grab and change commonly.

Now, I want to import these Bridge photos into Adobe Premiere.

Is it possible to import processed in Raw photos from Adobe Bridge into Adobe premiere.

I can not.

And why not.

What is the value of an integrated series of photographs if they are not integrated.

The photos are imported from Windows as original.

And what is the use of Bridge if changes to photo are not exported to common file Windows files.

• 2. Re: Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to save the raw files to something Premiere understands like .psd .png, jpeg, tiff. See manual for formats that are supported.

You can open Bridge from within Premiere and import by double clicking on the still. (Photoshop needs to be closed).

Or drag the still from the Bridge window into Premiere project window directly.

• 3. Re: Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge
              JEShort01 Level 4

Peter,

I simply love the efficiency of Photoshop / Bridge / Premiere Pro (I use CS5) for video slide-show projects, but I will say that some of the components were not initially evident. I will agree too, that some other programs use a much more intuitive workflow, like you say, "process in a group". Try playing with the following workflow and see if there's not something that will help you achieve what you are hoping to automate.

1) Starting in Photoshop, create an action and start recording (Actions palet, click "create new action button")

2) Edit a single photo in all the ways that you want done for a particular group of photos and save it as a JPG (resize smaller for video, add black border for overscan, process color if you want the same for all photos, etc.). Click the "stop" button for your action recording.

3) Run your recorded action on an entire folder (sub-directory) of files in Photoshop using the File / Automate / Batch dialog Window; I like choosing the destination as a separate folder from the source photos to keep things straight

4) Now, from Premiere, with a project and timeline already open, do an "import" on the directory (or directories if you have several) where all the photos are for your project

5) Select the folder(s) that you just imported, one at a time, and then press the "automate to sequence" button to add all photos into your project; note that I just about always have my music already on the timeline at this point with markers set to the beat of the music and Premiere adjusts the length of each clip (photo) to the proper duration

Note that there are lots of options, settings, etc. along the way that I am not detailing here, but this is generally the idea.

I also like to use the somewhat hidden but very powerful "batch rename" feature in Bridge to add a sequential number in front of each photo before I bring that folder into Premiere. This allows me to do the slide show "order" in Bridge and add the sequence numbers prior to having it all in Premiere. I was a Liquid Edition user prior to Premiere and it had a workflow similar to this method which I really liked.

Regards,

Jim

• 4. Re: Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge
                TomPerrone Level 1

I actually posted a question about camera raw cr2 files earlier.

The workflow I've settled on is easy and relatively quick. I use Lightroom! And  I setup a publish folder set and sub folders for differ sequences. I do all my corrections in lightroom then publish the pictures with all the corrections. Works really well.

Tom

• 5. Re: Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge

Bridge photos into Premiere.

Thank you for replies. Yes, What I like to do is incorporate good photos into a video film

In fact since I am using a  Sony Nex 5  for video, [ don't laugh  ] and also for stills.

You can get two entirley different contents from the same camera at the same scene.

Stills and video

To get quick effect on groups of sequential photos I was transferring the groups of photos to Bridge, and colouring up in Bridge.

But I would try to send these across to PSD or JPG files as a batch as per Action command, and nothing worked.

That is the colour changes would not repeat in a Windows start up.

Nor would the colours go over to Premiere

I have had to to individually process these photos. That thirty photos for ten seconds.

I have figured out batch rename, and as long as I get sequential numbers organised these photos will line up in Windows and premiere.

Tomorrow is another day, it is important i get the hang of it. I will be into it and report back.

I like the way I should be able to rebalance daylight over a period of say a two hour shoot.

So say 30 good photos all have the same texture.

thanks for replies,  I am off to see if i can find Bridge in Premiere

• 6. Re: Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge

thank you further people.

I enter bridge and select all or some photos from a directory for a batch process.

I enter the changes to the first picture make the pictures coloured up, or whatever.

Just making these changes will not enter the Windows program

I have to save the group to PSD or JPG.

I still can not import bridge files into premiere through the import function.

I would love to hear how.

Also once I make changes in Bridge Raw, i have to download pictures one by one into

PSD or JPG

But I can, as Ann Bens says above simply,

" drag the still  [ or in my case groups of photos ]  from the Bridge window into Premiere project window directly".

This is good , thank you people for help

• 7. Re: Importing photos to  Premiere CS5 from Adobe bridge
                      davidbeisner2010 Level 3

If you're making all your changes in Adobe's RAW processor, you can save the changes as a preset within RAW and batch run that preset on all your photos... just a thought.