3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2011 3:35 AM by Peter Spier

How to create a 3 page spread?

Aarde30 Level 1

Hi,

I'll try to explain what my problem is.

I have an example in a book. It's a CD booklet consisting of 2 spreads, each consisting of 3 pages, 1, 2, 3 and 4, 5, 6. Pages 1 and 2 are facing pages with a spine in between and page 3 is stuck to the right of page 2. Pages 4 and 5 are also based on a spine and page 6 is stuck to the right of page 5. My question is, how can I add these additional pages 3 and 6, so that I get a 3 page spread? The idea is that these pages 3 and 6 are then folded onto pages 2 and 5, then the spreads are folded along the spine. So it's double folded.

I tried to drag and drop a master page, but I can't glue it to the right of page 2 or 5, this doesn't work.

Many thanks,

PR.

• 1. Re: How to create a 3 page spread?
          Michael Gianino Level 4

In the fly-out of the Pages window, uncheck Allow Document Pages to Shuffle and then drag your pages into position. To print, tick the Spreads checkbox in the print window.

SS.jpg

Is that what you had in mind?

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to create a 3 page spread?
            Aarde30 Level 1

That's right, awesome, thanks!

• 3. Re: How to create a 3 page spread?
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You can also set up a project like this as two three-column pages that are three times as wide as a single panel would be. There might even be an advantage to doing so in that you really need a little bit of folding clearance on the panel that folds inward, so it should be slightly narrower. You can take that into account in page setup with a single page that is that much narrower and adjust the column guides, or if you choose to continue with independent pages you might want to use the Page tool to make the fold-in panel pages (they'll be on opposite ends of the spread on the two sides) slightly narrower.