2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2011 12:23 PM by nealeh

Installed Trial, purchased product, and no serial number

kdevlin970

I had purchased the product hoping to get the serial number and enter it where indicated in the trial version that had been installed (45 minute process).  I contacted support and was told that my order is not processed and serial number not available, despite the fact that I received notification that the order was processed and serial number is available.  When I explained I have installed the product and just need serial number, I was told that I have to uninstall the trial, install the product again once the order is processed.  Is this normal for Adobe to send notification that a product is available when it is not?  I find it hard to believe they require the product to be reinstalled.  This has been extremely frustrating and I'm not thinking I should cancel the order buy another vendor’s product.  Is this an isolated situation?  Is this an indication of problems to come?  Thank you!

• 1. Re: Installed Trial, purchased product, and no serial number
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As far as I know, when you buy a download version you will be sent an email with the serial number... I have no idea how long that takes

But, there is also a new forum for such issues http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup which may help

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Installed Trial, purchased product, and no serial number
            nealeh Level 5

kdevlin970 wrote:

I was told that I have to uninstall the trial, install the product again once the order is processed.

That is wrong. If you have installed the trial and then convert to paid (with a serial number) all you need to do is add the serial when you run the application:

From http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/858/cpsid_85843.html

Convert a trial version

If you purchased the product after downloading a trial version, then do one of the following:

• When you install the trial version, enter the serial number that you received with your DVD or with your Adobe Store online purchase. Your installation converts to a full version. 
              Note: If you have already installed a trial version, launch the application and enter the serial number you have. Your installation converts to a full version.
            • Reinstall the product by using your installation DVD-ROM if you purchased boxed software. Or use the installer files that you downloaded from your account in the Adobe Online Store.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children