0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2011 7:39 PM by daddydane

Flash/Air write "prefs" to NookColor

daddydane

I am about to rip my hair out on this. I am developing in AS3 using FlashPro CS5.5 and Air for Android. I have an app that I am successfully debugging. I have just started my attempts at writing a preferences file for the app. I have my manifest prefs set to "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE". I have used every method I know to write out data to a file, but I am getting the "Error #3001: File or directory access denied." with every attempt. I have used the File class to write to all the directory properties (including those listed as read-only). I have tried SharedObects. I have even tried a combination of ByteArray with File Reference. I have no problem reading into the app the XML file that is included in the APK package, it's getting data back out that isn't happening.

My app is finding the directories I'm trying to write to (and even reporting back their full path and their file contents), but won't let me write to them. My challenge seems to be a permissions problem, but I'm not sure why.

If anyone has any ideas, please share. I know there is a way to write to the internal memory/storage on the NOOKColor, I'm just not having any luck getting to it.