1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 4, 2011 5:21 AM by Ned Murphy

i accidentally replaced an old file with a new file... what should i do to get it back?

hintoot1@yahoo.com

i accidentally replace and old file with a new file... what should i do to get it back?

• 1. Re: i accidentally replaced an old file with a new file... what should i do to get it back?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What you should do is always retain backup copies of your files, such as burning them to an external disc or at least keeping some form of archive that you access in a read only manner.  Many computers these days come with some form of backup software pre-installed such that you can return to anolder configuration of your machine..

If you do not have an original copy of the fla file but you do have a copy of the swf then you will probably have to get yourself a decompiler to see if you can successfully recreate the file.  Chances are it will not resemble the file you made in terms of the code structure it might have had, but it could at least possibly get you to a workable stage of the original file that you could clean up and get back into running order.