Every time I try to convert an object to a symbol, or move something from the library to the stage I get this blasted error: "Error creating SWF movie file. Be sure the destination file is not locked or on a locked drive. Also, check that the file name is not too long."
I've tried the other options listed in similar discussions in the forums: removed preferences files from library. Reset the permissions of the folder or create a new folder. Made sure the publish settings have the full path instead of just the file name.
I'm at wits end, I can't use flash at all right now. I've repaired my permissions on the hard drive too.