3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2011 5:47 PM by lasvideo

Frame Rate Drop

rialcua

Hello,

I'm owner of a Canon XF100 and I work with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 on MacBook Pro (Lion OS). I'm shooting my videos in 1920x1024, 50Mo/s, 59.94i fps. In the media browser, I see my footage with the good properties but when I drag them in my sequence, the frame rate pass from 59.94 to 29.97. What I'm doing wrong? Check attached file.

Thanks for your fast answer.

Carl

AdobePremiereSetting.jpg

• 1. Re: Frame Rate Drop
          lasvideo Level 4

Long shot guess, but Im thinking it has to do with the difference between fields and frames. The upper right arrow points to  59.94I . "I" stands for interlace. There are 2 fields per frame in interlaced video. The lower left arrow points to 29.97 fps. That stands for frames per second. The frame rate is half the field rate hence the differing numbers. I dont think anything has changed. Just the yardstick measuring the data.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Frame Rate Drop
            rialcua Level 1

lasvideo,

Your answer sounds intelligent. Thanks for helping the beginner videographer I am.  You're my new best friend .

Carl

• 3. Re: Frame Rate Drop
              lasvideo Level 4

Glad to help. Im really more editor then engineer, but certain things stick in my head.

Tom Daigon

Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor

www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Mac Pro 3,1

2 x 3.2 ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon

Nvidia Quadro 4000

24 gigs ram

Kona 3

Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid