1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2011 2:20 AM by whitefinger

Correct way to pass Variables to mysql!

whitefinger

Ok so im trying to save data from me flash builder to mysql database!

I have the database, i created the php file to handle the call and i tested it in flash builder and it all works with all variables getting added to the database

When i send a long list of variables to the database from flash builder it says one variable was expexted

So i created a ValueObject called VOClients instantiated the object and set all the values within it

I then call the php Script with the ValueObject and i get no errors

i have traced all  variables with in the object and all variables are set correctly

But when i look in the data base only the first two variables get added and the rest are NULL

Talk about do my head in lol  and the funny thing is i know im doing something stupid

any advise

import valueObjects.VOClients;

protected function addNewUser():void
                  {

var ClientData:VOClients = new VOClients();

ClientData.ClientsFname = ClientFname.text;
                      ClientData.ClientsLname = ClientLname.text;
                      ClientData.ClientsDayofbirth = ClientDay.labelDisplay.text;
                      ClientData.ClientsMonthofbirth = ClientMonth.labelDisplay.text; 
                      ClientData.ClientsYearofbirth = ClientYear.labelDisplay.text;
                      ClientData.ClientsCountryCodes = comboBoxClientCountry.selectedItem.CountryCodes; 
                      ClientData.ClientsTown = ClientTown.text; 
                      ClientData.ClientsGender = ClientGender.labelDisplay.text;
                      ClientData.ClientsAviator = ClientAviator.labelDisplay.text;
                      ClientData.ClientsDescription = ClientDescrip.text;

customerService.createClients(ClientData);
                      trace("Add client data " + ClientData.ClientFname + " " + ClientData.ClientTown + " " + ClientData.ClientDayofbirth + " " + ClientData.ClientCountryCodes);

And is the test data important! as i had to fiddle with it for ages to get it to work

{
      fname:"jon",
      lname:"kiss",
      dateofbirth:10,
      monthofbirth:09,
      yearofbirth:1975,
      town:"chelsea",
      Aviator:"devil",
      comments:"work you barstead"
      }

Hope you dont mind having a little think for me and just put me back on the right track please