4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2011 5:52 AM by libdaciu

HTML Validation

libdaciu

Hi, Validation gives me the following errors; HTML Validation - There is no attribute "cols" - ID: 108 HTML Validation - There is no attribute "cols" - ID: 108 And here is the culprit... table width="100%" border="3" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" cols="2" id="about" rows="1" How do I fix this? Why does DW allow it if it is incorrect? Thank you.

• 1. Re: HTML Validation
          MurraySummers Level 8

DW won't stop you from creating incorrect code.

What version of DW are you using.  Who created this code (cols and rows have NEVER been something that DW would insert into a table tag)?

• 2. Re: HTML Validation
            libdaciu Level 1

CS4 and I created the table specifying 2 cols 1 row in the table definition that DW displays when you click "insert table". The other posted question "WHY" was not a question, it was a test. I realized that by posting the html of the table it does a translation of sorts.This is what I got back: table border="3" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" id="about" width="100%" Interestingly enough, when I replaced the one that specified cols and rows with the above, the table displayed correctly and the properties area in DW still shows col 1 row 2. I'm confused ... Can you help clarify? Thanks

• 3. Re: HTML Validation
              MurraySummers Level 8

Create a blank HTML page.  Use DW's table icon to insert a 3-row by 4-column table.  Look at the code.  You will not see either the "cols" or the "rows" attribute in that code. You will see a table with 3 pairs of <tr> tags and 4 pairs of <td> tags on each <tr>.  That's how you do it....

• 4. Re: HTML Validation
                libdaciu Level 1

Got it, thank you.