2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 2:52 PM by nallasivad

Problem opening form -Help!

frus-user

This a uk govenment tax form that cannot open, although I managed to open it and save data (save as) three weeks or so ago. But now its no longer working.

I've downloaded a new form and tried to open no joy, downloaded and saved on another computer (both win 7) no joy, uninstalled and reinstalled adobe reader X no joy, uninstalled and installed adobe 9.4 still no joy.

I get the message:

"Adobe Reader has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
      Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Faulting application name: AcroRd32.exe, version: 10.1.1.33, time stamp: 0x4e64e4e2

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

The gov helpline insists their form is fine and that its a win 7 problem.

Help! Its a catch 22 I have to file or get fined but I can't open the pdf to file.

• 1. Re: Problem opening form -Help!
          apimom

Your Adobe Reader program is corrupt as stated in AcroRd32.exe. Please try to download the reader and install. Please de-install your Adobe Reader first.

Government cannot force you to own a COMPUTER. Form has to be available somewhere else.

Go to another computer, work, friends, public library and download the form from there. THEN deal with your computer issues. Or pay fine and still need form......

apimom

• 2. Re: Problem opening form -Help!
            nallasivad

Hi,

Had same problem. Disable your antivirus then try open the form.was running Avast av and switched to AVG. Works fine now. You running Avast by any chance?

Allan.