4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 7:28 AM by Jenny2slipper

Premiere 10 rotates stills

Jenny2slipper

Why does Premiere 10 automatically reverse the height and width of stills imported from Organizer on some stills but not others in the same sequence?  How can I prevent this from happening or rotate the image back to it's proper orientation?

• 1. Re: Premiere 10 rotates stills
          Nash_John Level 3

You should refer to the following thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4056878

In PrE to rotate an image, you should select it in timeline/sceneline and click on Properties button on bottom of the monitor.Just hover over the buttons and you will know what they are.

Then in the properties panel, expand the Motion filter, there you can see buttons for roatate right and rotate left

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere 10 rotates stills
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Organizer is a cataloging utility, and is not an Image Editor. It's the same for Adobe's Bridge (Organizer's "big-brother" and included with many Adobe suties). When one does a rotation in Organizer, or Bridge, the result is ONLY for display purposes. The program now gets some metadata on how to display the image. No real Rotation (note capitalization) has been done, i.e. the pixels are totally unaltered.

PrE then Imports the actual pixel data, and disregards the display metadata, as it is dealing with pixels and not with just the display of the pixels.

Not sure how well Organizer does real pixel Rotation, but Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Bridge and Lightroom can do the actual pixel Rotation, but the Image must be Saved, to apply that real Rotation.

PrE will allow one to Rotate the Imported Image (does NOT affect the original Still Image on the HDD), via the Fixed Effect>Rotation.

I do all Rotation in Photoshop, and then do a Save_As PSD (Photoshop's native format), for Import into Premiere. I also do any necessary Scaling there too, so that I am not working with overly-large Still Images.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere 10 rotates stills
              the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

Thanks for the link to that thread. I was headed off to find it, but you just saved me some work!

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere 10 rotates stills
                Jenny2slipper Level 1

Thank you, John for your prompt reply.  It WORKS!! 

Thanks again for your tremendous help.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Jenny2