0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 10:03 AM by hoopcoach

Error Message

hoopcoach

Hi,

I am looking for a little assistance debugging a Flash issue.  I paid an overseas developer to create a basketball plays application in FLEX.  Its been having intermittent issues connecting to the database that have recently gotten worse.  The connections work fine on this page: http://www.basketballplaybook.org/publicgames.aspx but intermittenly it will not connect to the database when a user chooses a play such as this: http://www.basketballplaybook.org/default.aspx?category=Man%20Baseline%20Out%20of%20Bounds %20Plays&play=Triangle

I have been trying to track down the issue as the developer blames it on the host.  I used a Firefox extension called Flash Tracer which gave me the following error.

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert mx.rpc.events::FaultEvent@c2e0941 to org.basketballplaybook.GetLinkOnGameResultEvent.

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at org.basketballplaybook::BaseHoopCoachWS/faultResult()[C:\Users\Ivanka\Desktop\TriMon Studio\Projects\EuroMedic\PlayBook\src\org\basketballplaybook\BaseHoopCoachWS.as:1005]

at mx.rpc::AsyncResponder/fault()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Asyn cResponder.as:93]

at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncR equest.as:103]

at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\ mx\messaging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:368]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Can someone maybe point me in the right direction in regard to how to fix this issue or what this error means?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!