1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 11:33 AM by MichaelTeoh

Removal of Adobe reader 9.2 Error 1402

merrill8091

I installed addobe standard 6.0 after I already had Adobe Reader 9.2 on my computer.  I was immediately made aware of the conflict and removed Standard 6.0 by the normal control panel, remove program process.  I am using xp pro sp3.  I then went to uninstall reader 9.2 and I get the following message

Error 1402:  Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current\Version\Run\Optional Components\MSFS verify that you have sufficent access to that key, or contact your support personel"

I am the support personel since i am an individual user.  I have been to the live chat room.  I was provided with a link that had me go into diaganostic mode and attempt to remove from a command prompt the following:

AcroIEHelper.dll

AcroPDF.dll

pdfshell.dll

This failed.  It indicated that I did not have access to them either.  I have been to Key above and right clicked on it, gone into permissions and I am afraid it is a little ( ok a lot) over my head.  I have contacted the chat room for a second time and informed them that what they sent me did not work and was told to go to control panel and remove Adobe Flash Plugin and Active X and then try and remove Reader 9.2.  I have done that and get the exact same message as above.

I am seriously open to suggestion and some hand holding here....

thanks

M2