7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2012 3:00 PM by welchphoto

no audio when exporting to tape

friar_tuck66

I am attempting to export a SD 4:3 sequence to DVcam tape using a Sony DSR-40 via firewire. After changing the MPE to software only, I'm getting a video signal to tape, but no audio. Sequence and deck are both set to 48k...seems like i must be missing something. Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: no audio when exporting to tape
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Audio is normally set to play back on the computer.  Change that in the Playback Settings so it goes out over FireWire.

• 2. Re: no audio when exporting to tape
            friar_tuck66 Level 1

I'm not sure where to do that. I had looked at audio output mapping under

preferences and changed to "map output for: Audio Out" but as soon as i close

the preferences tab and open it back up, it reverts to the default "Premier Pro

WDM Sound"...and still plays back on speakers but not on tape deck. What am I

missing?

• 3. Re: no audio when exporting to tape
              cvid01 Level 4

On the program monitor, just below the monitor is an icon (with three circles, just above the camera icon), click on it and then click on "Player settings.." at the bottom. It is there that you choose which audio to use.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: no audio when exporting to tape
                friar_tuck66 Level 1

got it...many thanks for your help!

• 5. Re: no audio when exporting to tape
                  welchphoto Level 1

I have the same problem.

I can export the video to my sony HDV DVCAM recorder but no audio.

I can import video and audio but no audio on export or directly from the time line.

I have set the playback to External Device Audio.

When I play the timeline I have audio on my speakers and I have the meter within premiere showing audio.

I use a Windows 7 64 bit 12 gigs of memory computer with CS5.

I have a matrox RTx2 but for this I am using a premiere NTSC DV sequence.

The audio driver is RealTek High Definition Audio

Map Output for: Premiere Pro WDM Sound

Audio Hardwear>Default Device: Premiere Pro WDM Sound

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Dennis

• 6. Re: no audio when exporting to tape
                    friar_tuck66 Level 1

The playback settings need to be set to "external device audio"...you can get to

those settings by going to sequence/settings, then click the playback settings

button to open the playback settings dialogue box.   (or as cvid01 mentioned, on

the program monitor, just below the monitor is an icon with three  circles just

above the camera icon that you can click to open a dialogue box with a "Player

settings" option at the bottom.) just under where it says aspect file

conversion, there is the option to select desktop audio or external device

audio...select external device.

After making this change, I was able to export both audio and video to tape, but

not without difficulty. It appears to me that export to tape is more of an

afterthought with this software. I have yet to be able to make it export to a

specific time code...it always slips 10-20 frames...sometimes it just stops

before completing the export. Thank goodness we are moving to file based show

delivery, since i see no way to deliver a properly formatted broadcast master

using this software.

• 7. Re: no audio when exporting to tape
                      welchphoto Level 1

In my post I have pointed out that I already have the playback to External Device Audio.

That was the first thing I checked.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Dennis