2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 1:33 PM by ABC9984

Flex 3 Installation on Lion

ABC9984 Level 1

For whatever reason the installer for Flex 3 -- released in 2009 -- is a PPC application rather than a Universal application. As a result, a product that I purchased just over 2 years ago doesn't work. Is there an alternative way to get this to install that doesn't require a PPC installer? I'm really not interested in an upgrade right now. Flex 3 does what I need it to do.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Flex 3 Installation on Lion
          ABC9984 Level 1

Just for clarification, despite what Adobe says Flex 3 works quite well on Lion -- the installer just won't run. I use it on another computer where it was installed prior to upgrading to Lion.

• 2. Re: Flex 3 Installation on Lion
            ABC9984 Level 1

Answered my own question. For those of you with the same challenge, do the following:

1) Open the Java Preferences App in the "Utilities" folder under "Applications"

2) Set the 32-bit Java to be the default by dragging it to the top

3) Mount he Flex 3 installer DMG

4) Open terminal and type the following commands (exclude the '#'):

# cd /Volumes/FB3_mac_214193/FB3_Mac_Installer.app/Resources/Java

# java -classpath ./Execute.zip:./IAClasses.zip:./installscript.zip:. com.zerog.ia.installer.Main

The installer will run normally with a few visual distortions. When the installation finishes, quit terminal.