• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS 4.5 crashing. Shared memory heap has exceeded 90 usage.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FMS is crashing with the following errors:

2011-12-06  10:24:02    12461   (w)2581227  Shared memory heap (__FCS__) has exceeded 90 usage. Consider increasing the heap size to prevent future memory allocation failures. -
2011-12-06  10:24:02    12461   (w)2581227  Shared memory heap (__FCS__) has exceeded 90 usage. Consider increasing the heap size to prevent future memory allocation failures. -

When I try to restart I get:

2011-12-06  17:33:27    7933(e)2781340  Process 7933 failed to create IPC queue __FCS__ : Failed to allocate shared memory. -

I've noticed the problem resolves when I restart fmsadmin. I think fmsadmin is using up all the shared memory, not sure. There are HTTP requests periodically being sent to fmsadmin, could this be a source of memory leak?

The server has 6 GB RAM and there are only about 100-200 connections being used. Runs without issues most of the time, crashes once every few days.

What is the shared memory heap and how do I increase it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the details, what kind of httpcommands are being sent to fmsadmin ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... and the commands that i have passed, are the same of the default instalation...!!!

Like those below...

<Allow>ping,getServerStats,getFileCacheStats,getInstanceStats,getConfig2,reloadApp,getActiveInstances,getLiveStreams,getLiveStreamStats</Allow>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still happen sometimes with AMS 5.0.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't expect to see any fixes or responses on the issue as AMS has reached end of life. If you have a legitimate license and a support contract with Adobe, you can contact them directly, but outside of that I would expect you'll need to find a workaround or settle unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMS reached End of life? any article on it?

why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lack of popularity and usage most likely. The competition got far ahead and Adobe's priorities changed I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AMS is rock solid, hundred of thousands professionals and hobbyist use it.

the competitors are not really a long shot business usually...

btw, if Adobe has other priorities why not to release AMS in open source so I'm pretty sure thousands

of developers would be happy to fork it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Do you have an existing support contract for AMS?

Also, what type of license you have?

Regards

Sanjeev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines