8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 12:54 PM by nealeh

Burning to dvd help!!

terisvg

Help.   I am trying to burn my video to a dvd and while it displays the slideshow beautifully, the soundtrack did not burn with it.  The audio from the video clips burned but not the audio from the soundtracks.  Help....any ideas??????

• 1. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us the steps used to produce the SlideShow?

Was it done in PSE Organizer, and then sent to PrE, or some other method?

What is the format/CODEC of the Audio?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
            terisvg Level 1

I'm not that technical so will do my best to answser..LOL

I imported pictures and video clips from my Mac computer. I did not do it in PSE organizer.  I did everything in the Premier Elements 10 software.  I imported music, mp3's I purchased off of Amazon.  I can play it back and it's perfect. 

The audio from the video clips burn perfectly with the slideshow.  I have the mp3's as soundtracks..those did not transfer on to the dvd

• 3. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, that info works fine.

As a test, use an audio-editor, such as the great, free Audacity, to convert that MP3 to PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit. All you have to do is Open that MP3, and then Save, choosing the above PCM/WAV. Import that WAV file into PrE, and give it a moment to Conform (should be very quick), then replace the MP3 on the Timeline, and try the DVD Burn again. MP3's can cause issues. See this ARTICLE for some other tips.

Please let us know if that solves the issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
                terisvg Level 1

Thank you.  I have downloaded Audacity and working on changing the music formats.  I have several in my video so may take a bit to re-import and lay exactly as I had them before...but I appreciate your help.  You are now my official hero!!

• 5. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
                  nealeh Level 5

If you added your audio to either the soundtrack or narration track move it up to one of the Audio tracks above your image track (e.g. the Audio 2 track). This frequently resolves sound problems. No-one knows why - it just does !

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

Thanks for mentioning that. I had not considered the use of the Narration, or Soundtrack, fixed Audio Tracks. As you point out, those CAN cause issues, and just using a "regular Audio Track," that is empty, will usually fix things, if that's the cause.

I have not heard of issues with those two fixed Audio Tracks in PrE 10, but maybe it's still too early in its life-cycle to know if whatever caused the problem, has been fixed in 10.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
                      terisvg Level 1

Thank you.  That did the trick!!!

• 8. Re: Burning to dvd help!!
                        nealeh Level 5

Hey - good news. Glad to hear that it worked.

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale
                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children