2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2011 11:03 PM by Chellaa2011

How to set the source property of image control dynamically?

Chellaa2011 Level 1

Hi,

I have different fxg files which I want to display in a list. For each row in the List, I define which fxg file to be displayed in my database.

I need to know how to set the image1.source = (the fxg path) as a string from database?

Is there any conversion needed in this case? If so, can you please help me how to do this?

• 1. Re: How to set the source property of image control dynamically?
          nikos101 Level 2

You should be able to give you fxg path an id and get the source from it like this

fxgObject.pathid.source

failing that you could use regex to extract it

• 2. Re: How to set the source property of image control dynamically?
            Chellaa2011 Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am new to Adobe Flash Builder, Flex and action script. I don't get your answer straight away.

What I basically need is, I need to set image1.source = strFXG. Right now, this does not show the image. I don't understand fxgObject.pathid.source => how to give this?

Moreover, when I did google search, there is somethink like fxg converter which converts the fxg to a component. I thought this is a very simple problem on how to convert the fxg string to an object format. But now, it looks like it might be a big problem. Can anyone help me in this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------

import spark.components.Image;

protected function view1_creationCompleteHandler(event:FlexEvent):void

{

// TODO Auto-generated method stub

var strFXG:String = 'assets.DB_Actief_Graphics';

var image1:Image = new Image();

image1.x = 100;

image1.y = 100;

image1.source = strFXG;

addElement(image1);

}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Chella