3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 4:32 AM by Dave Watts

iphone apps using flex remote objects with CF???

nikos101 Level 2

I am used to making web applications that use flex remote objects to interact with CF.

Is it possible to use remoting from an iphone app cross compiled using flash builder to interact with Cf remoting on a remote server?

• 1. Re: iphone apps using flex remote objects with CF???
          Dave Watts Adobe Community Professional

Yes. However, you may want to dynamically generate your channels via AS rather than embedding them at compile time via config files - I seem to recall this is an issue with AIR apps, and suspect that these may have the same issues.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: iphone apps using flex remote objects with CF???
            nikos101 Level 2

Interseting, config files always seem to me like a strange way to do things.

Can you give me any tips on authenticating requests to cfc's from mobiles and how to protect my servers once I exposes cfc's to apps not hosted on the same server as CF?

Thanks Dave

• 3. Re: iphone apps using flex remote objects with CF???
              Dave Watts Adobe Community Professional

Interseting, config files always seem to me like a strange way to do things.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, but by default, that's how remoting works in Flex - you have channels and destinations defined on your server, and your compiler points to your config files and reads those values. So it's a little extra work to define them in AS instead.

Can you give me any tips on authenticating requests to cfc's from mobiles and how to protect my servers once I exposes cfc's to apps not hosted on the same server as CF?

There isn't really anything mobile-specific you need to do here. Exposing CFCs isn't any different than exposing CFM files that are accessed via a browser. You can use the standard CF session management and CF authentication (cflogin) - there are some examples available by Googling "coldfusion cflogin flex remoting".

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software