7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 2:46 PM by Peter Spier

Cs5 InDesign won't launch properly

LindaChri

Hi,

I'm having problems with InDesign. When I tried to launch i this morning it opened up in a 'stripped' version; no toolbar, no control panel, no side panels, the premade workspaces are gone, I have no short keys, neither the nugde arrows or the enter button on the keyboard works.

I can get the toolbar and the control panel back by rechoosing them in the Windows drop-panel and I can make and save my own Workspace but the rest is gone.

I use InDesign almost daily and until today everything has worked fine. I use CS5 Design Standard and everything else; Photoshop, Illustrator etc works without fault.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5742G, everything is updated and no changes has been made since I last opened InDesign successfully.

While Googling for solutions I came across an old post here that describes exactly the same problem. I have tried the different solution that were suggested in this thread with no success. (Exept making a clean re-installation of Windows 7).

I've tried the alt-ctrl-shift at startup and cleaned the preferences - no change.

I uninstalled CS5, ran Adobe's Clean Script, re-installed - same 'stripped' InDesign.

I would really appreciate some help with this.