0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 4:11 PM by bcsearle

mobile IconItemRenderer broken for iconFields?

bcsearle

I have a mobile application needing IconItemRenderer to list a bunch of lines,

each with their own icon (depending on some item state), which is exactly what IconItemRenderer is designed for.

1) in the itemRenderer, i can define a right-hand decorator icon (but it is always the same for every line):

decorator="@Embed(source='icons/xyz.png')"/>

- -  that works in desktop and Mobile application

2) I can add dataProvider items to the list, defining thier *individual* left-hand icon and label:

myCollection.addItem( {"name":"someText" ,"image":"@Embed(source='icons/xyz.png')" } );

-- that displays properly in desktop SWT *if* the icon is

"icons/xyz.png"

-- but *not* if the icon is

"@Embed(source='icons/xyz.png')"

-- and no format works for mobile SWT

3a) i found an adobe help example, but all it has for mobile IconItemRenderer is DECORATORS

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WSc2368ca491e3ff92-1483ec4a12136246e76-8000.html#WS 77c1dbb1bd80d3836663fb6012af31eb8a5-8000

-- conspicuous by its absence is setting the icon field, which is fundamentally why one would use the IconItemRenderer.

WHAT GIVES?  does adobe know that this function is broken?

How do i get the Item Icons defined and embedded into a MOBILE SWT ??

- I am using production Flex SDK 4.5.1, and AIR 3.1 on Windows and Android

ADDENDUM:

4) *if* i store my list items in a static definition, the icons display correctly on mobile+desktop:

<s:dataProvider> <s:ArrayList>

<fx:Object name="aaa bbb" image="@Embed('icons/ON.gif')" />

<fx:Object name="ccc ddd" image="@Embed('icons/OFF.gif')" />

</s:ArrayList> </s:dataProvider>

5) but as noted above, in the real world i need to dynamically build the list contents and *the* it does not work

myDataCollection.addItem( { "name" : "eee fff", "image : "@Embed('icons/ON.gif')" } );

myDataCollection.addItem( { "name" : "ggg hhh", "image : "@Embed('icons/ON.gif')" } );

SOLUTION / WORKAROUND:

The *only* way to get the mobile icon to work, also mantains desktop icon working:

[Embed("icons/ON.gif")]

public var onImgCls:Class;

var icn:Class = offImgCls;

myDataColl.addItem( {"name":line.substr(0,99), "image":icn} );