13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 2:10 PM by nookie1050

Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.

VejeAnd

I am running Adobe premiere element 10 and have installed the full content of themes, titles etc.

I have now several times right after a project has been loaded got the message, that only a reduced set of Instant movie themes, titles etc. are available despite the full content is installed.

It does not matter what project I open.

Starting installing the full content again ends with the message to uninstall the already installed version.

It looks like the InstallShield Wizard detects the already installed content, but Premiere Element 10 does not.

I uninstall the content and install it again, and it works for some time.

I am using following content files:

PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.exe

PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.7z

My system is:

Acer Aspire 7745G laptop

Processor: Intel core i5 2,4 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

Running security packages Zonealarm extreme

It seems to happen randomly, so I cannot see any pattern in it.

What can I do to ensure Premiere Elements 10 detects the installed content every time I start the program?

Regards Joergen

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
          Nash_John Level 3

Hi Joergen

On windows, you must make sure that when you install the content, after accepting the license aggrement, you will get an option to install 6 types of content, make sure there is a tick mark on each of the 6 types when you install the content.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
            ARVRETON

Bonjour Joergen,

J'ai moi aussi le même problème, voilà plus d'un mois et j'attends d'être dépanné par un support quelque part dans le monde, mais je ne sais pas d'où. Ce monsieur veut ce connecter sur mon ordinateur pour comprendre.le problème.

J'ai ce problème avec les CONTENTS du DVD livré et les CONTENTS téléchargés, plus des plantages que WINDOWS 7 ne sait pas expliquer, plus ORGANIZER qui plante aussi sans raison.

J'ai totalement réinstallé WINDOWS 7 PRO en 64 BITS, après avoir nettoyé tous mes disque écritures de séros sur les disque à l'aide d'un outil de WESTERNE DIGITAL, j'ai créé les partitions puis reformaté les disques, et le premier logiciel installé, après les mises à jour WINDOWS et la mise à jour des pilotes c'était ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 10 en 64 BITS, et bien c'est toujours le même problème et je n'ai pas utilisé le "nettoyeur" CCCLEARNER, voilà ca n'apporte pas de solution à ton problème mais saches que nous sommes au moins 2 dans la même galère.

En définitif une version est pleine de BUG, c'est même reconnu par le support vu le nombre d'appels qu'ils ont, d'ailleurs aujourd'hui après 30 minutes d'attente et de rappel impossible de'avoir le support au téléphone, nous avons une trés belle musique.

Cordialement. ___________________ Patrick

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
              VejeAnd Level 1

To Nash_John,

When I start the installation clicking on PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.exe the whole process ends up with an accept of license aggrement and a dialogue showing 6 different content entries all marked to be installed. Everything goes fine and I get no errors. I have a license to Premiere Elements 10.

To Arvreton,

Please answer in english. I don't understand frensh

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                ARVRETON Level 1

Désolé VejeAnd, je ne comprends pas l'Anglais, mais j'utiliser GOOGLE CHROME, qui traduit directement les pages.

bonne journée.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                  VejeAnd Level 1

To Arvreton,

That is OK. I also used Google translater, but I think it is best to answer in english since I think most people understand this language.

For your information

don't have any problems witrh win 7 or other programs and I don't think a reinstallation of win 7 will help.

I am also running Photoshop Elements 7 and 10 and have not seen any problems with these programs yet.

Yes, you are right about new programs. There are often unknown bugs, because programs are installed in different PC's with differents OS and so on.

I hope to get a solution from Adobe.

I found another thread covering the same issue http://forums.adobe.com/message/4022039#4022039

One of the answers is about having maintenance programs running, which can optimize windows.

I am running Tuneup Utilities and have now disabled register optimization, so maybe this is the problem, that Tuneup Utilities removes the register entry for some reason.

I will wait a couple of days - maybe a week - to see if I still have the problem.

Then I'll post my observations.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                    ronharp

Has anyone discovered a solution to the "reduced content" message? I've uninstalled content and re-installed several times. The content shows to be in the correct folder but Premiere Elements does not recognize it.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                      VejeAnd Level 1

I promised to get back with my observations.

As I wrote before I am running Tuneup Utilities and have now for about a week disabled register optimization, and have had no problems.

Every time I start Element 10 it finds the full Content.

Today I enabled register optimization again and after Tuneup Utilities made an optimization I got the error again, so my conclusion is, that for some reason that I don't know Tuneup Utilities changes or deletes a key in registry.

I assume Tuneup Utilities only deletes keys not having any referensec to a program, so maybe Adobe have a problem here.

I have read in this Forum another guy, who also were running an optimization program, and he had to doa similar thing, so when two independing optimization programs are make the same "error" it looks like Adobe have a problem.

I made a snapshot of registry before/after reinstallation of the Full Content trying to find out, what key is missing or changed.

I used Regshot but without success. There are so many changes (over 2000), so I could not find any thing.

I assume Adobe knows, so it would be nice to know, how Elements 10 knows the Full Content is installed.

I also tried to use SpyMe Tools, which have a function monitoring accesses to the registry, but it did not work.

I also tried Procmon which is a part of Windows Sysinternals Suite, but that did not work either.

So for now I'll continue with register optimization disabled.

I am thinking of contacting Tuneup Utilities to tell them about the problem

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                        VejeAnd Level 1

To Ronharp,

I have never had any problems Elements 10 not recognizing the installation of Full Content.

As you can see I have done un/installing the Full Content many times.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

While not familiar with that program, I have seen similar with other Registry "cleaners," in that they want to do things like delete certain file type associations, showing them as unused. A few of those have been PSD's (Photoshop's native format), AI's (Illustrator's native format), and several others - not all Adobe either. I always closely monitor all such programs, so they do not mess things up.

Good luck, and thank you for posting your observations.

Hunt

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                            holbrookp Level 1

I may be the guy he is talking about who has had a similar problem with content becoming uninstalled. I solved that by telling my registry optimizing program, System Mechanic Professional, to ignore a specific registery "error". That came about just through trial and error and pure guesswork. I think registry problems may still be at the heart of a similar problem involving content and will announce the solution here if I ever find it.

I'm still dealing with Premiere Elements 10 refusing to open .PSD files on both my Windows 7 64-bit and XP Professional computers. I blame something System Mechanic must have done, but Adobe technical support refuses to acknowledge this as a possible cause and has had me uninstall/reinstall both Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements twice. Since the problem is present on two different operating systems, the fault has to lie not with the programs but something within the operating systems they're installed on. Or, rather, changes made to those operating systems, since other people aren't experiencing this problem.

I would have thought that immediately after reinstalling Premiere Elements all necessary registry entries would be there to fully run the program, including the opening of .PSDs and the running of the full content in Instantmovies, but that just doesn't work. Very strange!

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                              VejeAnd Level 1

After some investigation I have now solved the problem.

I found the entry in registry, which Premiere Elemts 10 is looking at.

The key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PremElem100

It contains many different data, which Premiere seems to look at.

It is a bit funny it is an uninstall entry, that is used.

In my Registry clean programs (I used several) I have configured the programs to ignore this entry.

I hope this information is usefull for others.

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                                holbrookp Level 1

This is wonderful news. I knew that I had, through trial and error, solved a similar problem with Premiere Elements 10 by adjusting the registry cleanup, but I couldn't remember exactly what I had done. Now if only I can find the registry (no chance, since I don't understand such things) entry that prevents Premiere Elements from loading the .psd files and other files that are needed in processing Instantmovies. If you, VejeAnd, have a clue about this, I'd certainly appreciate your input. Thanks for giving us the update!

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 10, installation of Full content themes, titles etc.
                                  nookie1050

Hi I thought I would share my "contents" solution, seems Tune up Utilities deletes registry files which has been deleting my contents/disc menus etc for weeks (lost count of installs I have done) so if you install contents then run Tune up Utilities (the one click option) it will, under registry problems, list all its about to delete, just right click and choose to ignore anything with PRE10 in them, bingo it worked for me, cheers.