3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 2:42 AM by wonderspark

Project Frozen

frankecc Level 1

Sooo i have a project with a LOT of cutup HD footage from a canon 5d and 2 sequences that were working fine.. then.. one night.. i open it and as soon as i click the timeline- it gives me the spinning wheel of death for longer than i could sit and wait. SO NOW everytime i open that project it does the same thing, soon as i click something i get the spinning wheel and Premiere stops responding all together. Say if i switch over to chrome real quick while i'm waiting then click premiere again it doesn't respond at all. Other projects work fine, just this one is freaky. I don't wanna do all these cuts over.. but is that my only option? S.O.S.

• 1. Re: Project Frozen
          frankecc Level 1

I'm using a 15 inch macbookPro 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3

• 2. Re: Project Frozen
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Patience is the required virtue here. Wait, wait and wait some more on such an underspecced and slow system. Eventually it may work, say after 5 cups of coffee. If you are in a hurry, edit on a system that meets minimum requirements at least, but better has a lot more muscle than that.

• 3. Re: Project Frozen
              wonderspark Level 1

Restart Premiere while holding Control+Option/Alt+Shift and it will delete the preference files as it starts. Let go once the purple spash screen pops up. Your panes will revert to default positions, but the project should work again. Then, go to Preferences>Media and click Clean Cache. It will be like new again.