Music

julius49

How do I take a song from a cd and put this song i adobe premier

• 1. Re: Music
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to rip the song as mp3 or wav.

• 2. Re: Music
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The format of an Audio CD will be in the CDA format (as John Nash points out, the CDA is the "handler"), and as 99jon states, it will need to be ripped, to use in other programs. I use Adobe Audition (which also writes Audio CD's in the proper format), but it is not an inexpensive program. If you do not already have an audio-editing program available to rip, I recommend the great, free Audacity.

I would also Save_As PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, which is up from the recorded 44.1KHz 16-bit. I do not use any heavily compressed formats, like MP3. The MP3 will give you a smaller file, but with the loss of fidelity. The PCM/WAV will not be that large anyway, and will be as good as it gets.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Music
              julius49 Level 1

these answets are too technical

• 4. Re: Music
                the_wine_snob Level 9

They might read that way, but it is very simple to accomplish.

If you have downloaded and installed the free Audacity, just launch it, place the Audio CD into the multi-drive's tray, or slot, and back in Audacity, go to File>Open, and navigate (through the popup Windows Finder), to the drive letter for your multi-drive, choosing the Track on that CD. The music file will Open into Audacity. When it does, you will get a Waveform Display, and can play the file from there to test, that you chose the right one. Now, go to File>Export as WAV. Done.

Good luck,

Hunt