0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 5:55 PM by anynick

    Unpredictable download issues using URLStream

    anynick Level 1

      Hi, I have an application that uses URLStream in an AIR desktop application to download large files from Amazon S3.

       

      The problem is that on about 10% of the installs (around 1000 or so different computers) URLStream will fail with a stream error #2032. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to why these downloads are failing. If you take the URL request address AIR is making directly out of a program like fiddler and paste it into a browser it works fine so it is not an address issue. There does not appear to be any commonality between the systems that are having the problem. It is happening on different OS's (XP, Vista, Win 7, OSX) all with different firewalls (or no firewall) and different anti-virus programs (or no anti-virus). The only thing that seems to be consistent is that the installs that are experiencing this error only fail when requesting files over 5GB in size, all downloads under 5GB work fine for this 10% (all downloads of all sizes work for the other 90%).

       

      When the download fails it fails immediately, it is not timing out. It looks a security sandbox issue of some sort, like a cross domain issue, but this is an AIR app so cross domain issues should not apply and even if I do put a cross-domain file on the server it does not solve the problem. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.