5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2011 5:31 PM by the_wine_snob

Version 10 - Thank you Adobe!

jammin109 Level 1

I really appreciate the overall software quality of Version 10.  It’s orders of magnitude faster and more stable than its predecessor, and definitely offers better functionality.  With prior versions I would always find myself pressing “CTL- S” to save every 1-2 minutes as I had been badly burned in the past with frequent product crashes.  Also, I would always reboot windows before starting PE (and never run any other applications concurrently).  Now, however, I am comfortable running MS Office apps, e-mail, and web browsing alongside PE which hasn’t crashed on me yet!

Performance wise, I am a very happy camper.  I have a powerful  Windows 64 system (Intel i7, 2.67 GHz, 16 GB memory)  and find editing standard video is a breeze, and high definition, AVCHD is quite acceptable, although, of course, even greater speed would be appreciated. 

Feature wise, I appreciate most removing  (or at least demoting) the Organizer and the mysterious/horrible auto analyzer process.  The UI cleanup is also notable, as well as the spiffy pan/zoom tool.

Overall, I highly recommend V10. 

Congratulations Adobe development team – you got this one right!

• 1. Re: Version 10 - Thank you Adobe!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's always nice to hear of success stories, Jammin. I just hope Adobe checks in on this forum so that they get the message.

The best way to actually reach Adobe is to click the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of every page on this site.

• 2. Re: Version 10 - Thank you Adobe!
            jammin109 Level 1

Another feature I forgot to mention that I’m really thankful for is “Burn to AVCHD”.

Although I have a Blu-ray burner, blank Blu-ray discs are still very expensive compared with blank DVDs (e.g, $2.00 vs. $0.20), and this feature has saved me a lot of money.  This is especially true for projects where I’ll  create several test AVCHD disc versions to verify audio levels, exposure,  menus, etc. on my home theater tv, before burning final copy.  And if the movie is too large for AVCHD, I’ll still verify smaller segments on AVCHD discs, then, burn the final on Blu-ray.

• 3. Re: Version 10 - Thank you Adobe!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jammin,

I do a lot of test burns, for the same reasons - I have several systems to test my discs on, from a bargain-basement DVD player, up to some esoteric BD players hooked to fairly sophisticated home theater systems. I use Rewritable media for that purpose, as it saves me from creating "coasters."

I usually start by creating an ISO (Image File), or Burn to Folder (not possible with PrE and BD HD Projects, unfortunately, but easy in Adobe Encore), and start my testing with DVD/BD software players, then move up to a Rewritable disc, before burning the delivery discs. To date, one 10-pack of Rewritables has lasted me for about three years, and many Projects. Note: I NEVER deliver RW-RE media to a client. They are ONLY for my in-house testing.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Version 10 - Thank you Adobe!
                jammin109 Level 1

Great idea Hunt!  I've got a couple of brand new rewriteable DVDs that came with my burners but never thought about using them.  Its funny how we sometimes fail to see the most obvious.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Version 10 - Thank you Adobe!
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jammin,

Do not feel bad. When people in the Encore Forum complain about making "coasters," someone mentions the Burn to Folder and Rewritables. You can almost hear the foreheads getting slapped - even across the Internet.

Remember, RW-RE discs are for testing here, and not delivery, as some fairly common DVD/BD players can have issues with Rewritable discs.

Good luck,

Hunt