3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 8:29 AM by Amitabh Arya

IOS and other mobile devices development

Amitabh Arya Level 1

Hi,

I am just starting with devices development using Flash builder 4.6. Anybody who already developed something using it can Answer my questions.

>> How can we save files on mobile devices like IOS, do we have a database, can we save a file in form of xml or text. Can we keep the file in memory? How to figure out total space available on the dics?

>> How can we get the remote data, can we make the remoting calls like AMF php or zend amf using RemoteObject or NetConnection classes?

>> We have created some nice animations using flash, how can we use it in IOS application developed by Flash builder?

>> Can we use bluethooth functionalities?

>> Can we load the swfs in ios if yes then how (Using swfloader or somethign else)?

>> Any other information, we should know before start the development, We need to developer a application of games (with in app buy option) [For IOS, Androids and blackberry]

All your help would be great guys Happy holidays.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: IOS and other mobile devices development
          drkstr_1 Level 4

>> How can we save files on mobile devices like IOS, do we have a database, can we save a file in form of xml or text. Can we keep the file in memory? How to figure out total space available on the dics?

There is an SQLite DB you can use, or you can save text/binary (ByteArray) files in the application directory.

>> How can we get the remote data, can we make the remoting calls like AMF php or zend amf using RemoteObject or NetConnection classes?

The same way as a standard app. All of the remoting functionality works the same.

>> We have created some nice animations using flash, how can we use it in IOS application developed by Flash builder?

Create them as library symbols, then import the symbol as a class to use in your Flex app.

>> Can we use bluethooth functionalities?

To my knowledge, no. I believe you would need to create a native extension for each target platform.

>> Can we load the swfs in ios if yes then how (Using swfloader or somethign else)?

This would violate Apple's TOS, but it works just fine on Android.

>> Any other information, we should know before start the development, We need to developer a application of games (with in app buy option) [For IOS, Androids and blackberry]

Make sure you thoroughly understand the Apple developer license, Human Interface Guidlines, and other such nonsense they put you through.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: IOS and other mobile devices development
            Amitabh Arya Level 1

Great friend, Thanks of the reply.

Few more question,

>> Can I use rtmp protocol at IOS, android and blackberry?

>> If no (not on iphone) then is there a way to publish live video and stream live video over IOS?

>> Any idea, how can I use iphone buy in app functionality, Imessage funtionality and all.

>> Can I use face-time in my app using actionscript if yes then how for IOS.

Any help would be great.

• 3. Re: IOS and other mobile devices development
              Amitabh Arya Level 1

Any one who can reply these question.... there??